Lack of Corporate Aviation in X-Plane

flyinhawaiian

I find it a little sad at the lack of quality corporate aircraft available for purchase in X-Plane.  While I'm training in smaller GA piston aircraft, I am quickly approaching the time where I will be transitioning into the smaller jet/turboprop classes of aircraft, namely Citations, Lears and King Airs.  I know there are a few options out there, but I am looking for a model that has custom everything, to allow that real SIMULATION feel.  No pre-fab gauges or systems and a well-modeled 3d cockpit for that extra realism.  The exterior doesn't do too much for me, as I spend most of my time INSIDE the airplane. The recent release of XPFR's B-17 has shown that it can be done, but application to other, faster, and more practical aircraft would be nice.

I plan on purchasing the upcoming SAAB 340 when it comes out, as this will be the closest to what I am looking for, that is available now.  Does anyone know of other options that I am missing, or are there plans from the developers here to meet this vacancy in the market?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

I find it a little sad at the lack of quality corporate aircraft available for purchase in X-Plane.

Me too!

Everybody wants everything...and I don't mean that in a bad way.   I simply mean that there are lots of folks who want what you're asking for, lots of developers who would like to do it and just a real need for these....but the market has to move at it's own pace.....so it's not a matter of WILL someone do it, it's only a matter of when.  If I wasn't tied up working with laminar, I would be all over corporate GA and will be again eventually.

-Tom

Me too!

Everybody wants everything...and I don't mean that in a bad way.   I simply mean that there are lots of folks who want what you're asking for, lots of developers who would like to do it and just a real need for these....but the market has to move at it's own pace.....so it's not a matter of WILL someone do it, it's only a matter of when.  If I wasn't tied up working with laminar, I would be all over corporate GA and will be again eventually.

-Tom

I totally understand, but without the voices calling for the product, how would you and the other awesome developers know what we (the consumer) want.

-BTW, I can't wait for the MU-2 update to be released, definitely a purchase on my horizon!

how would you and the other awesome developers know what we (the consumer) want.

Because we're consumers ourselves and want the same things!  Right now the problem is that the type of aircraft you're asking for...a bit more complex than x-plane simulates natively, requires more specialized knowledge and experience that the x-plane market will not currently support financially full time.  Those that CAN do this are tied up with "day jobs" and progress is slow.  I've been at this for about 6 years now with x-scenery and have watched the slow transition from small sim to big foundation.  I use the term "foundation" because all the glamour and glitz has not been built on the foundation; however, that is about the change.

My "day job"...or old day job rather, was in architecture and construction and it was typical to see 2 years of design result in just a year of building...the prelim stuff takes a while.  So we know what consumers want, there's just not enough producers to meet the demand...but that is changing.  I'm front and center in xplane development and there is a whirlwind of development beginning.  It may take another 2 years to get going full swing, but recall that Microsoft is over 25 years old and x-plane in the "modern age".....i.e. more than one team member" is less than / about 10 years old. ...we definitely have to come of age in time.  I for one get most excited about business GA and would like to see this grow.  The work I've put into the MU2 is easily transferrable to other projects but as long as I'm working on V10, that work has to take a back seat.....DDens  Bombardier 300 looks to be a nice addition to business GA...though I'm not sure how in depth the systems will be.  I tend to be a systems fan.

We have another project lined up at the moment. It still kind of fits into this category :) However the Jetstar is something under serious consideration what with the 200 some pictures I took of it yesterday.

Stupid glass in front of the cockpit  prevented some parts from getting photographed well but there are other parts that I got great pictures of. When I get the chance a bit later I'll post up a few that I took :(

As promised here are some Jetstar cockpit pictures :( Most of the ones on the outside are of stuff nobody really cares about, landing gear linkages, up close on the nav lights, gear wells, pitot tubes :D

Keep in mind, getting these picture is rather interesting. There's about a 4 inch gap between the top of the plexiglass shield and the roof of the cabin/cockpit, and a sign outside that says you can only have 2 people in the plane at any time. Luckily the weather in Memphis is just okay right now and there weren't a lot of people there, plus not that many people come to Graceland to look at Elvis' planes' cockpit - although the blue leather interior is rather interesting in and of itself :D So I probably went through like 6 or 7 times although people got a kick out of seeing me with my arm up to the shoulder in the roof of the cabin and my face plastered to the plexiglass attempting to take pictures of the overhead :P I got lucky I didn't drop the camera, I got close a few times :D

Anyway, here's a few pictures :)

post-901-13136960363_thumb.png

post-901-131369603651_thumb.png

post-901-131369603671_thumb.png

post-901-131369603693_thumb.png