New Yak 40 From the ORG

MaidenFan

Given the veritable tomes of text to rewrite in ones own words I can certainly understand managements decision to go with a quick hasty, who the hell cares anyway, google translation, copy and paste, yah that'll do...

Have you actually seen the manuals Ben?

Given the veritable tomes of text to rewrite in ones own words I can certainly understand managements decision to go with a quick hasty, who the hell cares anyway, google translation, copy and paste, yah that'll do...

Have you actually read this thread and understood the context of my reply, Dozer?

Have you actually read this thread and understood the context of my reply, Dozer?

Yes and no, evidently.

2nd post refers explicity to the ad and only the ad.

4th makes reference to auto translators.

5th makes a jab at the level of care and attention referring back to the ad again which is no more than half an hours work to rewrite from the translation so that you the customer are given a clear and coherent description of the product you're about to purchase.

Translating a manual is a serious chunk of work.

Translating a 1 page advertisement summary is not.

I still say it's sub par on the behalf or the merchant, not the producer.

Dozer, I hope that clears it up. I originally spotted the error in the ad, and yes I think it smacks of poor value-add by the retailer. First impressions do count. I actually love the quaint rusky way of writing things, but not in a headline advert. Ha, and the error is still there! Virtaully at least..