Yoke oscillations with autopilot engaged

Malakas

I have been really enjoying the TBM 900 on the latest current full (non-beta) version of Xplane but have noticed when the autopilot is engage the yoke moves forward / back in a slight oscillation.   I'm playing with the Oculus rift.  I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's a bug. 

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

didn't you have fps Loss by doing so ?

I didn't notice any.  Seemed to be running smoothy.  I have the Oculus bumped up to 1.3 as well and everything runs well. 

The TBM is my favorite plane to fly but the autopilot oscillations make me a little dizzy after a bit because the plane is constantly pitching forward and back 

• 1 month later...

I had this same issue and spent many hours trying to fix it. Engaging the autopilot caused instability and yoke ocillations. Disengaging caused severe pitch ups and ended in stalls and complete loss of control. I tried everything suggested and even uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft. I finally realized that I was fighting the controls at anything other than low speeds and tried turning off the “simulate control stiffening” in the airframe manager. This fixed everything, and now I can finally enjoy the airplane. I should add that I just bought the aircraft yesterday, so I’m not sure if this is a bug with a recent version. I only saw two people report this and wanted to share my experience. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, shredderguy72 said:

I had this same issue and spent many hours trying to fix it. Engaging the autopilot caused instability and yoke ocillations. Disengaging caused severe pitch ups and ended in stalls and complete loss of control. I tried everything suggested and even uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft. I finally realized that I was fighting the controls at anything other than low speeds and tried turning off the “simulate control stiffening” in the airframe manager. This fixed everything, and now I can finally enjoy the airplane. I should add that I just bought the aircraft yesterday, so I’m not sure if this is a bug with a recent version. I only saw two people report this and wanted to share my experience. 

This worked!!

Thank you..

On 11/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, cmbaviator said:

possble to have a video ?

On 11/21/2018 at 10:48 AM, cmbaviator said:

didn't you have fps Loss by doing so 

Will disable the VR and shoot a video tonight... Thanks!

• 1 year later...

@shredderguy72

Thanks for posting this reply. I was just about to post a note asking why my new TBM oscillates during flight (on autopilot). It is quite noticeable inside the cockpit and outside as well. It's like the airplane is flying through ripples of turbulence or something. I will try your suggestion and see if it fixes this. The other problem I have been having is the airplane just losing it's GPS location and flying off course. I will be flying a route, look down at something and discover that the airplane has suddenly decided to fly to Alaska. If it goes far enough off the line it causes autopilot to switch off and all hell breaks loose. Maybe all that is caused by this "simulate control stiffening" issue. We'll see. Thx.

4 hours ago, SHaines said:

@shredderguy72

Thanks for posting this reply. I was just about to post a note asking why my new TBM oscillates during flight (on autopilot). It is quite noticeable inside the cockpit and outside as well. It's like the airplane is flying through ripples of turbulence or something. I will try your suggestion and see if it fixes this. The other problem I have been having is the airplane just losing it's GPS location and flying off course. I will be flying a route, look down at something and discover that the airplane has suddenly decided to fly to Alaska. If it goes far enough off the line it causes autopilot to switch off and all hell breaks loose. Maybe all that is caused by this "simulate control stiffening" issue. We'll see. Thx.

Turn on experimental flight model.