Constant beep (cockpit alert) at takeoff...

Friends,

I am having a problem with the IXEG running on X Plane 11. At the time off takeoff after lining up with the runway, as I push the throttle I get the constant beeping which goes away after I takeoff and retract the landing gear and flaps.

This happens both prior to an FMC programmed flight and a free flight which doesn’t involve any FMC programming at all. I have checked the parking brakes and flaps, there is no problem there. Meaning the flaps are set to 5 and parking brake released.

Can somebody help me figure out what’s happening?

thanks

vijay

TO config warning will be triggered by several reasons.

-Flaps not set, or set over an invalid position

-Speedbrakes armed. Must be down.

-Takeoff trim not on the green band.

-Parking brakes set

note: if you use a hardware lever axis for flaps and/or speedbrakes, that could be a problem as well. Because potentiometers on the hardware keep sending noise/spikes no matter you are not touching at them causing flaps and/or speedbrakes datarefs to change enough for the simulation notice they are not set to the right position for TO.

52 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

-Flaps not set, or set over an invalid position

-Speedbrakes armed. Must be down.

-Takeoff trim not on the green band.

-Parking brakes set

I am using a logitech 3D pro joystick and have configured two switches on one side by the 8 way hat switch for flaps to be extended and retracted.

Speedbrakes are down ( confirmed by checking the wings)

Flaps extended, the gage in the cockpit confirmed the flaps position 

trim within the green band

parking brake released.

What I noticed is, if the throttle is controlled manually, the beeping happens only after a certain throttle position. If I hit N1, the beeping is happening after the throttles cross a position. 

What am I doing unintentionally?

Yes, TO warning config kicks-in only when throttles are pushed forward beyond 50%. Otherwise you will have the warning at all times even during taxi if you had not set everything yet.

What flaps setting? only valid flap position for this aircraft is 1, 5 & 15

Abut speedbrakes. Visual confirmation is a bad thing. Datarefs goes from 0.00000 to 1.00000 so you will not notice a 0.00001% change on the dataref by looking at the visual surfaces.

So, how can verify what’s happening with the datarefs and find the cause. 

With the speed brakes, I have the confirmation not only from the surface on the wings but also from the levers position on the pedestal.

I would like to explore more with this, I would appreciate any guidance. What I want to know is how to open the datarefs and what factor should I tweak and do a trial and error to see if I figure out the beeping problem.

you did not confirm. I do assume you are using a hardware axis lever for speedbrakes??

Under xplane settings -> joystick or keyboard tab:

My recommendation would be you un-assign the speedbrakes lever axis and use 2 buttons or keys of your liking to manipulate the speedbrakes.

-EXTEND: One button or key mapped to "sim/flight_controls/speed_bakes_down_one"

-RETRACT: One button or key mapped to "sim/flight_controls/speed_brakes_up_one"

note: by pushing those buttons you can manipulate the speedbrakes lever position on the cockpit.

If you want to diagnose your hardware lever noise and position, you can go to xplane settings -> data output tab

-Clic checkbox 13 (trim, flap, speedbrakes) first column Show in Cockpit and then clic done

This will show realtime top left corner several parameters including SBRAK handl & position. If any of those shows anything different than 0.000 it means speedbrakes are deployed and the aircraft will complain when you push TO thrust.

note: you can also install/use DATAREF EDITOR plugin (free) to manually monitor and change any dataref value real time

NOTE: But for the purpose of initial testing i highly suggest you unnasign any hardware axis to flaps & speedbrakes and use buttons instead just to confirm everything works as expected.

For the flaps you can also map 2 buttons or keys to extend one and retract one notch or use the virtual cockpit via mouse.

Edited by mmerelles

“Hardware axis lever”.. this is the first time I have come across the terminology.. I did some Google research to understand this term. My hardware axes are all assigned to roll, yaw and pitch.

I have assigned the rapid fire trigger to engage my speedbrakes.

Thank you for the pointers.

• 4 years later...

You are close to an "inner marker" - it is a radio transmitter near the end of some runways that will alert aircraft on approach that they are about to see the runway (if they fly in clouds). You can move forward until you dont hear that sound anymore, fly from another runway or disable the sound by deselecting the "marker" audio channel on the audio selector panel.