cockpit lighting, night flying

Hi all,

I recently purchased the ixeg 737 classic, and I've been blown away by the realism, I think it's better than any pmdg or ifly products.

The one thing I have not been able to figure out so far is the cockpit lighting. I can't turn the intensity of lighting down at all. I've seen in several screenshots and videos where the entire cockpit is dark (dome light off), with only the instruments, switches, gadgets, etc illuminated. I've tried turning off the dome switch on the very top of the overhead panel, and very little changes. I also had all of the flood lights on the instrument, bottom and overhead panel OFF. When I completely shut off the power, the cockpit is completely dark and I need to use the flashlight, so I don't believe it has to do with my screen brightness..

Is there something I'm missing here

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Iain said:

Keep the seat belt sign on at all times and see if that helps, I think there is a known bug with the lighting if you have it in auto or off.  

Correct - on "AUTO" the cabin lighting will go off/dim/bright dependent on flight phase (crude implementation) - but due to an X-Plane bug the light will spill into the cockpit, even though the door is closed.

The workaround is to keep the seatbelts set to ON all the time.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 2