White clouds at night ?

lanmancz

Alright, also one more question please. Is there a way to make the clouds look more white ? I mean during the day this time :lol: No matter what I do they are always this grey-ish color. Even during mid-day when the sun is shining and there are few scattered clouds here and there they always look very dark and grey.

B733_398.jpg

Edited by lanmancz

4 minutes ago, lanmancz said:

Alright, also one more question please. Is there a way to make the clouds look more white ? I mean during the day this time :lol: No matter what I do they are always this grey-ish color. Even during mid-day when the sun is shining and there are few scattered clouds here and there they always look very dark and grey.

Without getting into a million technical reasons, the simple answer is "no."

3 minutes ago, lanmancz said:

Oh, and is something like that (better cloud colors) possibly planned for the future ?

Maybe? It would be pretty far down the list. We honestly don't really get complaints about this often. It's important we prioritize based on most requested items and new features over anything else.

Just now, Cameron said:

Maybe? It would be pretty far down the list. We honestly don't really get complaints about this often. It's important we prioritize based on most requested items and new features over anything else.

Alright. It's not really a complaint, just a suggestion for improvement ;)

Just now, lanmancz said:

Alright. It's not really a complaint, just a suggestion for improvement

If you're suggesting something could be made better then it's certainly a complaint of your current dissatisfaction. You wouldn't be suggesting something otherwise. ;)

Let's not forget Maxx Fx is a great tool to further adjust visuals to your liking.....it works along with RTH for unlimited possibilities....

Reality(visual) in a simulator is the most subjective topic, that's why there are a ton of great options out there so individual users can tweak until they are happy....

Edited by JohnMAXX

33 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I probably should mention you can adjust your sky colors or even use something like RTH to change the XP environment as shown here:

Oh that looks very nice! I didn't realise RTH works with SkyMaxx. So this is the RTH cloud whitening option cranked up, right ? I must try that :wub:

8 minutes ago, JohnMAXX said:

Let's not forget Maxx Fx is a great tool to further adjust visuals to your liking.....it works along with RTH for unlimited possibilities....

Yeah I have MaxxFX too, I will give it a shot. Although MaxxFX does not work only on clouds as far I remember, it only does some post processing on the final image no ?

That's correct, but by fine tuning the scene you should be able to adjust to your liking......the presets are cool but I highly recommend the "power user" option.....

Only reason I suggest MaxxFX is because I love the effect it can have on the clouds and the overall scene......

You can actually save your power user presets and share them, if you find a good balance with it I encourage sharing the preset, it could help a few others that feel the same as you ;)

11 hours ago, sundog said:

You may find that the cloud lighting is more to your liking when Real Weather Connector is on, too.

I have RWC. I wonder on what the cloud color is dependent. I was flying today and they looked better in some flights but in others they were quite dark again. Unfortunately the recommended RTH seems to have no effect on the SMP clouds. I cranked up the whitening to 300% and reloaded the cloud cover but they remained the same so I got rid of it as I have some fps drops with RTH. Also I was flying today before sunset and encountered these :

B733_423.jpgB733_424.jpg

What are those ^^ ? They seemed a bit odd. That is without RTH btw.

Edited by lanmancz

Those are towering cumulus clouds. They do reflect light differently than other clouds at sunset, which is something we can tweak for a future release.

As for the cloud darkness, the clouds appear darker as the cloud coverage gets higher. So, scattered clouds will appear lighter than broken clouds for example. We've been dialing that effect down over the past couple of releases, but it could probably stand to be dialed down even further.