Conditional Offer of employment with an airline today!

Jacoba

I was given a conditional offer of employment with a regional airline today, my first airline job since I began my flying career in 1996.

I'm a bit excited even though I've heard more than one horror story about how life for a junior F/O can be at a regional. But hey, its what you make of it, I always say!

Anyways my class date is Oct 11, all thats left is for my background check to come back clean, drug test to come back and my references to check out... which all of that will, so I guess baring the end of the world or something, I'm off to the airline.

And my first jet job!    ;)

Congrats, Jacoba! ;)

You'll find the atmosphere full of good people, and hopefully an easy commute to work (though that seems to be getting harder and harder these days!).

Any idea of where you'll be based and if you plan to re-locate? Reserve can be tough when you're a commuting employee, and I'm willing to bet that's where most of the horror stories come from!

Good luck with your training!

Thanks guys!

I hope this is the beginning of a great adventure.

So far everyone I've met and dealt with at the company has been great, helpful and has welcomed all of us new-hires with open arms.  

I haven't felt this excited about a job since my first official flying job, in a Beech Barron many moons ago. I thought I was on top of the world then, flying cargo in a beat up old Baron all night.

Folks talk about having to work to stay current on night landing, but for us, back then we had to work hard to "stay current" on day landings!  ::D

There was about a year there that I did not log a single day takeoff or landing.