WIP 00 - Videos

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to.. but I think it will be difficult.. but we will try. But trully dificult. We could end the plane before christmas maybe. but it has to pass a beta quality to solve all possible bugs, and then we have to make the documentatiion.. that is going to be huge!!! You know.. we haver both FCOM volumes.. also FMS documentation, also ways of piloting.. we will release tutorials, and video tutorials. So is a big work to let you have one of the best products inside x-plane. But we don't want to delay for too much.

I am working everyday more than 12 hours. Yesterday Saturday I worked 17 hours until 5 oclock in the morning. Anton everytime I see is with me on internet. Is hard.. but is fun to do what we do... and you will have that fun also flying the CRJ or our future or pass products.

This is looking spectacular!

In regards to the beacons, I see them in the dark every day. They are indeed strobe beacons. Also one thing to note is that the upper and lower beacons flash separately - they are not in sync with each other and would be nice to have this implemented if you can make it work in the sim.

This is looking spectacular!

In regards to the beacons, I see them in the dark every day. They are indeed strobe beacons. Also one thing to note is that the upper and lower beacons flash separately - they are not in sync with each other and would be nice to have this implemented if you can make it work in the sim.

Hi, Dhruv,

As Javier stated above, this is something we were aware of prior to posting the video. We went ahead and shared the video in an effort to show off the lighting reflections and the work in progress to date.

I would like to.. but I think it will be difficult.. but we will try. But trully dificult. We could end the plane before christmas maybe. but it has to pass a beta quality to solve all possible bugs, and then we have to make the documentatiion.. that is going to be huge!!! You know.. we haver both FCOM volumes.. also FMS documentation, also ways of piloting.. we will release tutorials, and video tutorials. So is a big work to let you have one of the best products inside x-plane. But we don't want to delay for too much.

I am working everyday more than 12 hours. Yesterday Saturday I worked 17 hours until 5 oclock in the morning. Anton everytime I see is with me on internet. Is hard.. but is fun to do what we do... and you will have that fun also flying the CRJ or our future or pass products.

Good point, well how long after Christmas are you planning to release it?

Best

Maxime

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know any other planes that are coming out in time for Christmas?

Sorry for asking a lot about release dates.

Maxime

Maxime,

I don't mean to be rude here, however, you have consistently (almost daily) sent emails and asked the same in posts about release dates. Our answers have not changed. Release dates are something we will no give out due to bumps in the road we cannot predict. As such, we have no answers that are definitve when it comes to a Christmas release for any products in development.

It's encouraging to see people like yourself excited for the release of our works, however, as stated here earlier, patience is going to just have to be a part of the development phase here. If we ever can be sure of a release date for a product, these forums will be the place to see that announcement, but until then the answer is the same: When it's done.

Hi Anton, Javier and Cameron ;)

This CRJ200 is gonna set a new bar for X-Plane (and possibily not only X-Plane) complex aircrafts. :D

Although I'm aware some features are still to be decided and/or some of them you only want to announce at release time, I have some questions about the aircraft:

1) How close will the performance figures be to the real world counterpart? I take for granted the main performance figures (Vspeeds, etc.) will be very close to the real aircraft, so I'm mainly talking about cruise fuel consumption, climb performance etc.

1a) Will engines use plugins? I'm asking this in connection with question 1, since I think that X-Plane default engine model

is not complex enough to give performance close to real aircraft in all flight regimes.

2) I read on a thread you're in contact with real CRJ-200 pilots. Will they assist in tuning the handling of the aircraft, or will you just use the flight model yield by X-Plane from aircraft geometry?

3) How deep will be the system simulation? For example, will the flight controls function according to hydraulic system configuration/failures, etc?

4) Will the avionics (flight instruments, etc.) be simplified or realistic compared to the real aircraft?

I'm also aware these features can only be found on top-notch, high-price MSFS aircrafts (PMDG, LEVEL-D) and currently on any X-Plane aircraft, so if just half of them will be on your CRJ-200, it will still leaps and bounds of anything seen on X-Plane so far. :D

Marco

My biggest fear is, that the assigned keys to the x-plane fms won't work any more.

I know, there are some sites where you can get flightplans which can be imported but my airacs are mostly half a year old and so flightplans need lots of editing.

So typing with keyboard is really fast and easy.

Hi Anton, Javier and Cameron ;)

This CRJ200 is gonna set a new bar for X-Plane (and possibily not only X-Plane) complex aircrafts. :D

Thanks for the compliment! I'm sure Javier and Anton share the same sentiment.

1) How close will the performance figures be to the real world counterpart? I take for granted the main performance figures (Vspeeds, etc.) will be very close to the real aircraft, so I'm mainly talking about cruise fuel consumption, climb performance etc.

We have tried very hard to get airfoils and numbers accurate according to real world manuals, including the FCOM. At the moment we are working out fuel consumption numbers to be more in line with the real deal (so you can expect that in the end), as well as down to how much fuel the APU even takes up when running.

1a) Will engines use plugins? I'm asking this in connection with question 1, since I think that X-Plane default engine model is not complex enough to give performance close to real aircraft in all flight regimes.

The engines will not use plugins. Our auto thrust is controlled by plug-in, but we depend on X-Plane's engine model for quite a bit. It actually is quite accurate if you do it right. A lot of people tend to just rely on "quick numbers" and assume that that's all that's needed to get a plane to be modeled correctly in flight. As you're aware, this is not always the case.

2) I read on a thread you're in contact with real CRJ-200 pilots. Will they assist in tuning the handling of the aircraft, or will you just use the flight model yield by X-Plane from aircraft geometry?

This question goes hand in hand with the answers to the previous questions. We are not just depending on geometry, but a number of real world values to give us the best simulation within reason that is possible.

3) How deep will be the system simulation? For example, will the flight controls function according to hydraulic system configuration/failures, etc?

The systems simulation will be the "deepest" experience for X-Plane to this date. This is, of course, with the assumption we follow the path we're headed on and don't make changes that will compromise this statement. You can expect a release of more details concerning systems and failures soon, but at this time we're not fully willing to "unleash" all we have accomplished with this great aircraft.

4) Will the avionics (flight instruments, etc.) be simplified or realistic compared to the real aircraft?

The flight instruments will be realistic and as true as possible to the real aircraft. They are all plug-in driven, so it will not be like any default aircraft you've ever seen for X-Plane. It's quite advanced, and very pretty to look at.

I'm also aware these features can only be found on top-notch, high-price MSFS aircrafts (PMDG, LEVEL-D) and currently on any X-Plane aircraft, so if just half of them will be on your CRJ-200, it will still leaps and bounds of anything seen on X-Plane so far. :D

This product shouldn't be far off (if at all) from what you would expect from Level-D or PMDG quality works. :D

Thanks for your answers Cameron, I find them really satisfying! ;)

Last question... Will using default engine model allow the implementation of a realistic start up sequence?

Marco

I'll replay as a programmer of systems... yes it has real start up and real shutdown... and you will see it soon...  :D

This product shouldn't be far off (if at all) from what you would expect from Level-D or PMDG quality works. ;)

This sound`s excellent.

I have currently one question about the incredible movie:

How did you made the realistic moving camera in that movie?

Is this made with the TrackIR system, or similar stuff?

Can`t wait for this bird, Gourmador.

Will the CRJ have a custom loadmanager, which automatically sets the CoG, or do we have to use the X-Plane default one?

Inside the FMS you will have an additional menu for setting payload, refueling, etc. We don't want to create external application for doing that like it's done on MSFS add-ons. It would take long because you need mac, linux and windows version.