[Closed] DC3 update - compass info please

It's not a bug guys. This is just our representation of our heads spinning whichever way from all the projects and beta testing we have going on (like the Saab). If you don't like it, tough!

Joking...

Okay, we're looking into this and will likely issue an update relatively fast. Stay tuned. :)

It's not a bug guys. This is just our representation of our heads spinning whichever way from all the projects and beta testing we have going on (like the Saab). If you don't like it, tough!

Joking...

Okay, we're looking into this and will likely issue an update relatively fast. Stay tuned. :)

lol

Anyway I think it's not 180 shifted.

My opinion is that compass turn on the wrong direction. For example on 330 HDG you read 30 HDG

see post

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/5543-dc3-v-12-macroscopic-error-on-magnetic/

Edited by iomagico

Just to  add fuel to the fire.. I am off here also with the 330 degree heading and the mag compass reading 30 degrees.

First flight on the new 64 bit today and checking out the Sperry autopilot, I was all over the map!! :D

Anyway, standing by for a update.

And a bit off topic. If your trying to install the DC-3 and can't get past the "what is your email address" without  an "Value required" error ,

just make sure your screen text is set to Smaller - 100% default.  In Win7; Start, Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, Adjust screen resolution, make text or other items larger or smaller.

Then once your email address and password are set into the DC3 set up you can change it back.  Us old eyes need bigger print.

Chuck

Edited by w9nwrwi

• 4 weeks later...

We have these fixes in place and they'll be released soon. It's overload work schedule for us right now, so bear with us. Sorry, guys!

It's ok Cameron I totally understand.

In the while the glorious DC3 is safe in the hangar, waiting for the update and I'm trying to find some place for the coming soon, beautiful Saab 340.

Keep up the great work

Angelo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cameron,

I know you are working hard on the SAAB, and I appreciate your efforts on getting it up to perfection.

Unfortunately I need a DC-3 fix, turbines just don't compare with the sound of a radial. So to be a bl**dy pest, which I have a doctorate in, any time frame for compass/sperry fix.

Don't be to hard on me with your reply

Thanks

I had to pull my DC-3 to the wash rack twice to get the dust off from non-use. I would of taxied it over but the high oil pressure problem was a grounding write up.

I would imagine that now that the Sabb is running maybe maintenance  can get around to the ol workhorse DC-3.

Standing by..........................

We are working on this, but no timeline of release for now. It shouldn't be long. :)

Hallo Cameron,

I'm not happy. I paid 95 USD for the LES DC-3 and the Saab 340, the first one has a crazy compass and for the second one I cannot use the condition levers with my both throttle quadrants and I have blackouts with the insturments. 95 USD isn't small money for an pensioner.

I think your customer have an right, that you inform about a timeline. All what I hear from X-Aviation for the DC-3 is, "very soon"  or "it shouldn't be long" and this isn't correct. You distribute here two "higher-price"-products - please inform your customer correct in time - they paid the price without delay.

Best greets

Dirk

Edited by alexander

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all -

I'm just getting around to reinstalling X-Plane and the DC-3 after a good period off from the sim, and (like everyone else) I'm seeing the funky compass. I came in to report it, but it appears as though it's already been discussed. It's been just about 3 weeks since the last communication on the matter, and 2+ months since it's appearance here on the forum...

Any updates on when we should expect the update?

-Greg

OK, I'am waiting for the LES / X-Aviation DC-3 too. The "crazy" compass makes it impossible, to fly it with x-plane 10.22 - 64 bit.

But there is a DC-3 for "small money", with a modern cockpit and the chance to operate it with the Bendix KLN90B by Dennis Pruefer.

You find it at:

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=254

The graphics aren't up to date, but the flight characterists are, really a nice plane!

Best greets

Dirk