Speedy Copilot

XPJavelin

ah ok !

it's because Speedy COpilot for IXEG is intended for cold and dark starts...

The sequence of actions starts from the preflight checklist. You can run the checklist when ready to start, from the beginning with the first oxygen test trigger.

In the Speed Copilot version for another aircraft I have intercepted this situation where you can start with engine running and jump to the appropriate procedure directly. But not in Speedy Copilot for IXEG at that point where you have to do all the procedures from the first item.

It's not too hard to encode however, I will think of it for next update (low priority).

• Upvote 1

Version 5.0 from 2019-02-02

* TonyVier contributed with the idea and material for a new graphical user interface. His great suggestion was reworked and added.

* Tuning the copilot volume is now possible.

* Tuning the In Flight Entertainment volume is now possible for when the cockpit door is open.

* Options are also saved on the fly now : no more need to edit a file to save persistent options.

* Current status is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

* Speeds bugs are adjusted for VREF on approach, not only for departure now.

* V2 call is silenced as it is not said.

• Upvote 1

Hi, it's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

The option button at the bottom is a new feature in the version 5.0. If you are a developper, it can be hidden, so that you then will only be able to toggle the options menu via the FlyWihLua menu. For that, you have to open the code, scroll to the end (GUI) and locate the "Options" window frame. You can adjust to your desired size and position (for instance outside of your screen). But that's for developpers only, people who know the Lua code, as it is not documented in the PDF.

For people who master FlyWithLua :

function OPTION_BUTTON(OPTION_WINDOW, x, y)
    -- THE BUTTON
        imgui.SetWindowFontScale(1)
        imgui.Bullet() imgui.TextUnformatted(Current_title)
        if imgui.Button("[Options]",250,27) or IXEG_FWL_MenuCall then
            IXEG_FWL_MenuCall = false
            app_is_active = true
            float_wnd_set_geometry(OPTION_WINDOW, 200, 820, 900, 200)
            float_wnd_set_imgui_builder(OPTION_WINDOW, "OPTION_MENU")
        end
    end

Change that line to your liking :

float_wnd_set_geometry(OPTION_WINDOW, 200, 820, 900, 200)

But I won't provide more support because of other projects.

Hope that helps.

Edited by XPJavelin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

I have a problem with my Speedy Copilot for FFA320 Ultimate.

It seems to work OK until it's the taxi routine. After pushing the intercom button the copilot is starting the routine, then a message asks me to do the "QRH NP 4/10". ??? And it gets stuck.

I'm following the checklist and there's no such thing there... 

Probably it's me doing something wrong somewhere. And BTW, shouldn't I hear voices and sound? Nothing so far. No sounds at all. And I'm doing exactly as the manual shows.

Hi Ceram,

the moderators won't appreciate that you speak here about the FFA320 maybe. This forum is only about the IXEG 737 !

Anyway, you need to turn ON the taxi light then perform a flight control check control. (Quick Reaction Handbook, Normal Procedure chapter, section 4/10 : before taxi procedure).

Check your audio level setting inside x-plane : all must be greater than zero. Hope that helps.

Edited by XPJavelin

31 minutes ago, XPJavelin said:

Hi Ceram,

the moderators won't appreciate that you speak here about the FFA320 maybe. This forum is only about the IXEG 737 !

Anyway, you need to turn ON the taxi light then perform a flight control check control. (Quick Reaction Handbook, Normal Procedure chapter, section 4/10 : before taxi procedure).

Check your audio level setting inside x-plane : all must be greater than zero. Hope that helps.

This moderator doesn´t like the mention of the word "Airbus" or "320" at all :P:lol:.

Cheers, Jan

You are welcome ! Hope it helps. I understand it can be misleading if you came from a search from the Internet :-) you can ask questions in the FFA320 forum if you need, or comment in the speedy copilot 320 comments section. :-) Best regards.

By the way, I'm working on a md-80 copilot for now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,first thanks for this great work but i can´t enjoy it at all because when i complete the startup and pushback with the IXEG 737,the copilot says to check flight controls,it recognizes the elevator up down and then neutral,and the rudder(marked in options with flight controls check) but the with the ailerons when and check yoke full left and full right i can´t listen confirmaton for right left and neutral,the problem is speedycopilot stuck at this point and can´t go in the take-off mode,remain in before taxi.

What is the logic of flight controls check,any order?why can´t recognize ailerons movement but,in the meantime elevator and rudder chck is ok?.

Thanks a lot.

Jax

• Upvote 1

Hi Jax, thank you for your interest. I've been working on Speedy Copilot 80 for the Rotate Md-80 lately, and Speedy Copilot Twinjet for FlyJSim 737-200. I have embedded in the last one a more detailed preflight procedure and a new way to reset the copilot to a desired status like jumping to before take off, instead of a generic reset button. I might change that to produce a new small revision for Speedy Copilot for IXEG 737 during next autumn.

In the mean time, I can recognize than it can be easy to be blocked at one point, not being able to find easily the trigger of the next step.

Regarding the flight controls check :

- there is no specific order for the axis ;

- within an axis, there is no specific order of direction to be checked ,

- I have set a sensitivity were if you push your lever to... ...say 75%, Speed copilot will consider the direction as checked. There no need to push your lever, like a yoke, at 100% of deflection. This is done to help with user calibration of the yoke or joystick.

As a conclusion, in your case, I suspect there is insufficient calibration of your axis.

You might recheck the joystick calibration in X-Plane menu.

Ultimately, if you are tired of trying, you can modify this sensitivity on lines 1174 and 1175 :

local butee_sup_de_controle = 0.75
		local butee_inf_de_controle = -0.75

But I would not recommand to change that, as that doing the flight controls check in the simulator is not only a decorum but also is very usefull to check your own sim controllers availability.

Hope we can find a resolution and pass this step for you.

XPJ, writing from EDDM.

Thanks sir!!!,as you said it was a calibration problem in the aileron axis now solved after reinstall the yoke drivers,and recalibrate on X-plane.

Thank you very much for you kindly attention,and congrats for your great contribution to the sim-community.

Jax.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I upated Speedy Copilot for IXEG 737 Classic to version 5.1.
Now this controls JAR Ground Handling for you as well as port back to the 737-300 a number of improvements that were first achieved in later editions of Speedy Copilot.

As always, the PDF manual has been udpated with the description of the new installation procedure and new options.

Version 5.1 from 2019-10-26
* Quick glance (runway entry trigger) does only happen from internal view now. It's better when only viewing at the aircraft from external view without true intention to trigger the runway entry flow.

* JAR DESIGN Ground Handling Deluxe 4+ control added. Now the ground service is provided to you without your intervention as IRL from the captain point of view.

* Parking procedure starts with ANTICOL off as before, but also if the airplane is stopped and engines are off, to avoid triggering ground services when it's not time to.

* Added a general option to show or hide ALL messages and circling triggers displayed on screen, to allow screenshots. As it hides very important messages, it is not recommended to hide all messages for an extended period of time.

* Before start procedure trigger changed from ANTICOL on to FLT INT (flight interphone) microphone on the captain audio control panel activated. This mimics contacting the ramp

21143321_B733-2019-10-263_57_36PM.thumb.png.b64ffedc72456e291d05dfb7240f96f6.png

.957465897_B733-2019-10-264_58_22PM.thumb.png.eee738a1c01bf00b00d7017f8747ac2d.png

Edited by XPJavelin