airfighter

P.180 Avanti II - Support

125 posts in this topic

Just adding my thanks for releasing this as freeware.  She is a beautiful ship and it is wonderful to sit in front of the PL21.  Please keep up the good work Icarus.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

any update ?

Here is what I have found with this livery when engines are stopped:

 

Ava1.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marpilot said:

Hi,

any update ?

Here is what I have found with this livery when engines are stopped:

Known bug. Will be fixed with 2.0.1 that will come soon.

Edited by airfighter
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

the brakes are too weak - I use regular effort and it is weaker than in all the other planes.

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 1:13 PM, marpilot said:

Hi,

the brakes are too weak - I use regular effort and it is weaker than in all the other planes.

Thanks

On the upcoming 2.1.0 update, the force has been doubled (from ~32% to 65% of maximum).

Edited by airfighter
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The aircraft's initial version is now again available here:

Soon v2.1.0 will be available, stay tuned!

Edited by airfighter
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. When selected the p 180 it ask for X aviation licensing. User and password. ¿What have I to do?

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello. When selected the p 180 it ask for X aviation licensing. User and password. ¿What have I to do?

Thanks

Do nothing. Just close the window.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, airfighter said:
1 minute ago, Denonfly said:
Hello. When selected the p 180 it ask for X aviation licensing. User and password. ¿What have I to do?

Thanks

 

Do nothing. Just close the window.

Thanks. I like this airplain a lot. I think it cruise speed is more than 300 kt. In the sim when I go faster than 250 the airplane goes uncontroled

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't go above 260 kts indicated airspeed at any altitude. The autopilot will try to pitch to not go faster than that, if you don't reduce the power. 

If you have seen somewhere published speeds above 260 then this is not indicated airspeed, the one you can see in the PFD. They are either True Airspeed or Ground Speed. Quoting Wikipedia

Quote
  • Maximum speed: 741 km/h; 460 mph (400 kn) FL310 high speed cruise

Here says 400 knots at FL310. This number is True Airspeed (TAS), not Indicated Airspeed (IAS). Using as base the standard atmosphere, 400 knots TAS at FL310 is 250 knots IAS. Just to add on that, if wind is calm then your TAS is also your Ground Speed (GS). GS=TAS without wind! They are using TAS, for range/endurance calculation purposes. Given that speed, fuel load, and a typical fuel flow, you can have a rough estimate of the range that you can fly.

So, the speed you can fly through the air should not be greater than 250 knots. That speed in high altitude could even exceed 400 knots above the ground.

Hope it was helpful!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In land, It´s very hard to brake the airplane, and the screen tremble a lot.

Edited by Denonfly
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Denonfly said:

In land, It´s very hard to brake the airplane, and the screen tremble a lot.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is time to talk a bit about the upcoming update. A lot of fixes, enhancements, and additions are on the final stage for the 2.1.0 version. You might notice that I have skipped 2.0.x version ,because this one brings a lot of changes. Of course the plane still (always) will have more stuff to be done for the future.

2.1.0 Update includes:

  1. FMC: Top page with options to turn on/off airports/VORs/NDBs/waypoints/weather and also select between single of dual cue FD symbology. Changed a button to DIR (direct) which is the correct one (The old was wrong!) Some other buttons are not like the real plane, but, in time, will be replaced as the custom FMC development advances.
  2. AUTOPILOT: VNAV is disabled, until work out a custom logic that simulates the real aircraft behaviour. The default VNAV is tide with autothrottle which is totally wrong for that plane! YD annunciator in the PFD is fixed, button and VS/pitch wheel animations fixed/added.
  3. MFD map: Added Altitude Intercept Arc, so you can have an indication where you will reach the AP target altitude, to manage your descends and climbs.
  4. MFD: Added bottom row that displays various info.
  5. MFD EIS: Plugin driven Engine Indications, with colors depending on various stages of operation (start, normal, above limits, etc).
  6. FMOD: Initial implementation of FMOD. Engine sounds, tire bounce, different switches, buttons, rotary knobs, etc. This is still something in its infancy and many improvements/additions will come in the future. In case that you don't like it (yet), you will have the option to remove fmod folder and roll back to the previous sounds.
  7. Caution/Warning Panel: Corrected positions and operations. I have kept Parking Brake light, though doesn't exists in the real aircraft.
  8. Internal Lighting: Added map lights for PLT and FO, that you can rotate the light's head and adjust the beam. Also the cockpit lights (those under the glareshield) have been adjusted to properly lit the instrument panel.
  9. Outside Lighting: Now you can set the anticollision lights to Ground and Air, and the appropriate lights will come on. Added Wing (inspection) lights.
  10. Flight Model: Adjustments to engine model, trim and controls, and many others. What is not properly simulated and needs a lot of investigation is the propeller's model which it ok, but not accurate. This remains for a future update.
  11. Modelling/Textures/Materials: Many adjustments/fixes, including Ferrari livery fixes. A new "Blue" livery is included, the same as the default, but without the logos. I have already uploaded a set of textures, if someone wants to do a livery for the plane.
  12. Modifiers/Animations: Most of the switches and rotary knobs work with the mouse wheel. Also the "theme" is if you see a "grab" icon, then the switch must be dragged, otherwise it is a click switch. If arrows, then click for up/down accordingly. Many buttons are now animated (including FMC buttons).

These are the main changes, a few more tweaks here and there, and hopefully soon I will be able to release the v2.1.0! How soon? Hoping within 2017! Enjoy some previews for now!

avanti_5.pngavanti_6.pngavanti_7.pngavanti_8.pngavanti_9.png

 

 

Edited by airfighter
5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to hide the yoke on the current aircraft. If not will this option be incorporated in the next update.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, airfighter said:

It is time to talk a bit about the upcoming update. A lot of fixes, enhancements, and additions are on the final stage for the 2.1.0 version. You might notice that I have skipped 2.0.x version ,because this one brings a lot of changes. Of course the plane still (always) will have more stuff to be done for the future.

2.1.0 Update includes:

  1. FMC: Top page with options to turn on/off airports/VORs/NDBs/waypoints/weather and also select between single of dual cue FD symbology. Changed a button to DIR (direct) which is the correct one (The old was wrong!) Some other buttons are not like the real plane, but, in time, will be replaced as the custom FMC development advances.
  2. AUTOPILOT: VNAV is disabled, until work out a custom logic that simulates the real aircraft behaviour. The default VNAV is tide with autothrottle which is totally wrong for that plane! YD annunciator in the PFD is fixed, button and VS/pitch wheel animations fixed/added.
  3. MFD map: Added Altitude Intercept Arc, so you can have an indication where you will reach the AP target altitude, to manage your descends and climbs.
  4. MFD: Added bottom row that displays various info.
  5. MFD EIS: Plugin driven Engine Indications, with colors depending on various stages of operation (start, normal, above limits, etc).
  6. FMOD: Initial implementation of FMOD. Engine sounds, tire bounce, different switches, buttons, rotary knobs, etc. This is still something in its infancy and many improvements/additions will come in the future. In case that you don't like it (yet), you will have the option to remove fmod folder and roll back to the previous sounds.
  7. Caution/Warning Panel: Corrected positions and operations. I have kept Parking Brake light, though doesn't exists in the real aircraft.
  8. Internal Lighting: Added map lights for PLT and FO, that you can rotate the light's head and adjust the beam. Also the cockpit lights (those under the glareshield) have been adjusted to properly lit the instrument panel.
  9. Outside Lighting: Now you can set the anticollision lights to Ground and Air, and the appropriate lights will come on. Added Wing (inspection) lights.
  10. Flight Model: Adjustments to engine model, trim and controls, and many others. What is not properly simulated and needs a lot of investigation is the propeller's model which it ok, but not accurate. This remains for a future update.
  11. Modelling/Textures/Materials: Many adjustments/fixes, including Ferrari livery fixes. A new "Blue" livery is included, the same as the default, but without the logos. I have already uploaded a set of textures, if someone wants to do a livery for the plane.
  12. Modifiers/Animations: Most of the switches and rotary knobs work with the mouse wheel. Also the "theme" is if you see a "grab" icon, then the switch must be dragged, otherwise it is a click switch. If arrows, then click for up/down accordingly. Many buttons are now animated (including FMC buttons).

These are the main changes, a few more tweaks here and there, and hopefully soon I will be able to release the v2.1.0! How soon? Hoping within 2017! Enjoy some previews for now!

 

Airfighter, thank you very much for your continuos effort to improve this beautiful airplane! These changes will make the airplane more fun and complete. Looking forward to flying it!

Thanks!

Jonas

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi,

will it be ready before end of 2017?

It is ready. Waiting for the installers to be ready.

Please be a bit patient, due to those days (Christmas, etc.).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v 2.1.0 is now available. Grab it!

(Keep in mind that is not currently working with the 11.20.VR1. We expect to be fixed with the next X-Plane update)

 

Edited by airfighter
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, airfighter said:

v 2.1.0 is now available. Grab it!

(Keep in mind that is not currently working with the 11.20.VR1. We expect to be fixed with the next X-Plane update)

 

Hi Ilias! I'm very excited to use the new version. Unfortunately the link is failing. It says "We could not locate the item you are trying to view!"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.