IXEG FMC error transition EKLB

jack-daniels

hallo,

I´m new to XP11 and not a professional user.
Own the IXEG since XP 11 and I do have problem which I don´t understand neither know what the reason for the prob is.

Ok....
XP 11 latest RC
IXEG latest release
Navgiraph 1709 in XP and IXEG updated

Just wanted to fly from EPKT to EPLB.
Entered the STAR, the the TRANS LB481 - and the the a console popped up with some messages, also in red, which denied to enter anything with the LSK key, no matter which FMC page (e.g. Vr speed).

I´m totally confused (never had this before) and have absolutely no idea what is going wrong.
So any help is appreciated ;-)

Thanks im advance

DANIEL, home airport EDFH :-)

B733_9.png

B733_10.png

35 minutes ago, jack-daniels said:

hallo,

I´m new to XP11 and not a professional user.
Own the IXEG since XP 11 and I do have problem which I don´t understand neither know what the reason for the prob is.

Ok....
XP 11 latest RC
IXEG latest release
Navgiraph 1709 in XP and IXEG updated

Just wanted to fly from EPKT to EPLB.
Entered the STAR, the the TRANS LB481 - and the the a console popped up with some messages, also in red, which denied to enter anything with the LSK key, no matter which FMC page (e.g. Vr speed).

I´m totally confused (never had this before) and have absolutely no idea what is going wrong.
So any help is appreciated ;-)

Thanks im advance

DANIEL, home airport EDFH :-)

Did you enter the runway before the STAR? if so, try enter the STAR, RUNWAY and then TRANSITION to see what happens.

• Upvote 1

Nevermind.. I get the same crash as you with transiton LB481, But no issues with LB482 transition. Maybe some bad navdata?

STAR: VENES1G
RWY: ILS25Z
TRANSITION: LB481 and LB482

EDIT: did some more tests around this.

And it looks like the problem is between D078K and LB484.

If I change the LB484 "Sp_Turn" to right, it does not crash. but then ofc the route will be wrong. So maybe there is some route drawing/calculation that is going wrong.

<AppTr_Waypoint ID="4">
          <Name>D078K</Name>
          <Type>Normal</Type>
          <Latitude>51.273594</Latitude>
          <Longitude>22.969514</Longitude>
          <Speed>0</Speed>
          <Altitude>2500</Altitude>
          <AltitudeCons>0</AltitudeCons>
          <AltitudeRestriction>above</AltitudeRestriction>
          <Flytype>Fly-by</Flytype>
          <BankLimit>25</BankLimit>
          <Sp_Turn>Auto</Sp_Turn>
        </AppTr_Waypoint>
        <AppTr_Waypoint ID="5">
          <Name>LB484</Name>
          <Type>Normal</Type>
          <Latitude>51.276389</Latitude>
          <Longitude>22.968000</Longitude>
          <Speed>0</Speed>
          <Altitude>2500</Altitude>
          <AltitudeCons>0</AltitudeCons>
          <AltitudeRestriction>above</AltitudeRestriction>
          <Flytype>Fly-by</Flytype>
          <BankLimit>25</BankLimit>
          <Sp_Turn>Left</Sp_Turn>

GizmoLog.txt

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys and greetings auf den Hahn!

Thanks for pointing this out and Tom´s excellent-as-always analysis of the problem. I will put this one onto our bug-tracker to fix.

Daniel, when you get this console pop-up, the code has faulted and you can´t really use the plane anymore. You can reboot gizmo (flash-symbol on right-hand pop-out menu) and then re-enter your data to continue your flight, though.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for testing TomS.  This looks to be an "ambiguous intersection" calculation....which I'll have to talk to Jan about how to  handle gracefully.  We labor under the assumption that the waypoint nav data sequence is "sane" and in some cases it is not....and in some instances, we cannot calculate an intersection (due to diverging paths).  This is "hit and miss".  LSZH, for example, has this problem with newer data where it did not with older data.  

Its like being in Texas and saying, "head due south till you get to New York City"  The numbers just won't add up...but we'll come up with some message.

-tkyler

• Upvote 1

Got this one fixed....this is  a nav-data problem.   I'll post an explanation later with diagrams as I find it a bit interesting to demonstrate some of the challenges here.  The solution, is to edit the XML data file, particularly the transition in question.  You will note in the latest data set (Navigraph 1706?), there are 5 waypoints in the transition, the last waypoint being "LB484".  You need to delete from the XML file the waypoint BEFORE this waypoint, and change the Waypoint ID of LB484 to '4'.  This will allow the procedure to load. More to follow.

-tkyler

• Upvote 2