Sundowner and Duchess Reviewed

Simmo W

Finally, we've gotten around to posting this review. Yeah, they're pretty good I s'pose.

http://xplane10.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/leading-edge-simulations-reviewed-sundowner-and-duchess/

Actually, they're Bonza!

Posted a scenery progress update as well today. A new scenery review coming tomorrow.

Enjoy

Chip N Simon

Good review, guys. Glad you shared your honest opinions of flaws and gave good comparative examples.

One thing to note:

The manipulators are ultimately the same in the obj code as any other aircraft, and are not "X-Aviation." The discouraging issue that Chip mentions with the HSI having three different behaviors is an X-Plane bug that probably won't get addressed till X-Plane 10, and it is view dependent. Basically, at certain angles in the 3D cockpit the manipulator will act in odd ways. It more often than not works as advertised, but sometimes it can slip into reverse, or any of the other actions Chip mentioned.

Manipulators are a part of our aircraft, so it's appropriate for the issue to be mentioned, but I certainly don't want it to seem like it's an issue that's there, has BEEN there since the Falco, and will not get resolved by us at X-Aviation. Unfortunately, this one lingers in the hands of our friends at Laminar. :)

THANKS Cameron, what a fascinating explanation and 'challenge'. Tom has also pm'd me' so I'll check with chip before I add some of this background info to the blog, to illustrate what u go through when pushing the envelope. Ha, used WED1.1beta quite a bit for the first time yesterday. almost lost all my  work, probs saving the package...