First Ever X-Pilot Fly in!

Oliver

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Theo, do u know what AC3D is like compared to Blender? it appeals to me' as a next step, or do u reckon I'm better off learning the Beast?! I can only do it once a week, so am happy to trade off hyper accuracy/complexity for faster work. I've read Sergio uses AC3.

Enjoy today!

Oh my dear God, now I walked back to the terminal and this is what I see! Oliver, you have some explaining to do!

The Sundowner already had that 'lived in' look. Now I'm glad I can't open the doors, the smell coming from there is not Sunny at all

Fun learning Photoshop and applying textures across cylinders in sketchup ;D

post-985-131369589149_thumb.jpg

Simon

Seriously mate learn blender, mix it together with sketchup and you could be a full payware scenery designer with oliver. I would already pay good money for KMPI and thats just in sketchup.

Andy

Thanks Andy! Best compliment that. I've only been trying scenery work for just over one month, learning so much every day. even today I've experimented more to perfect the night look, it should pay off I hope.

I can't take all the credit, since Chip has contsructed the 3 larger buildings, even though I end up getting the hammer out to cull polys and do the texturing.

yes, Chip also thinks I should go payware, but I have a long way to go. For now my payment is lovely  thank you's like yours, knowing people are enjoying it.

Our next project at KMMH is proving to be spectacular, tested 5 of the 10 buildings created by Chip with good fps performance. the massive hangar complex is impressive in sim, but will require much tweaking- the first incarnation had  100,000 polys!

And I had absolutely no FPS issues with Sundowner or Duchess! Tempted to try the A380 just to see if I can cook-off the CPU! Anyway!

Lookin' mucho good, Simes, really. I think you're spot-on about keeping things freeware for now, too. That said, I can't wait for the NORCAL scenery package! The High Sierra mountains will hopefully look every bit as grand as I expect they will. I have a feeling the Bay Area will be astonishing, but California is so huge and varied a landscape. We'll keep busy doing airports there for years!

ok Andy, I should be able to make it between 1000am to 2pm ish [ 01:00 to 05:00UTC ] on Saturday (max 1hr full time, or else I eat into scenery or blog time). good luck in coordinating! I'm happy to fly anywhere, but better agree it by fri. night so I can research quick. I'm rusty on vatsim but no fear!