C208

Xflyboy

• 4 weeks later...

Not until Version 10 ships.  We're all working quite frantically.  Currently I'm doing lots of airport scenery and everything will have to sit for a bit.  After V10 ships, I expect to have a lot more time to work on aircraft and you can be sure, I'll be working hard on them.

• 3 months later...

unfortunately no, but it is a priority item.  2011 has me on the Mu2 update, C208 and 2 other projects....and as soon as we can get V10 out, I'll be on it.  I'm trying to get the Mu2 update out the way first so I can jump right on the C208.  Good thing is a lot of the MU2 plugin code will be portable and adaptable to the C208 so I wont have to rewrite stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Tom

Will this be the year of the Caravan C208after the Mu update ?

I am asking since I want to build a sim cockpit and I need to choose between the Mu or the C208.

How faithful it will be in terms of performance and systems ?

Will the systems of the Mu been upgraded too ?

Many Thanks for your time..

Michael

Edited by michelebk117

Hey Michael,

The Moo update is imminent. 2012 will probably see the caravan come out some time though I'm not sure when. The release of xp10 has altered my priorities a bit and caused me to shift my focus. The only thing I can say for sure is I'm freeing up even more time to work only on x-plane projects...so if things move faster for me, then I hope to begin stringing out more projects steadily, including the caravan.

As far as simulation accuracy and complexity, all I can speak for is the Moo as I have actual time in one....and the 1.5 update really gets thorough. It includes every single step I experienced myself when flying cargo runs. so nothing is warmed over. You'll do exactly what I did in the real thing to fly from A to B.

Now with good feedback from a C208 pilot, I see no reason we can't make the C208 equally as accurate though. If anything, I suspect the Caravan might end up being the more accurate only because I can pour more of what I've learned in past projects into it.

I really wish I knew when I'll get to the C208. I am going full time into XP add-on work and I have jumped into some ambitious projects that I think x-plane needs first....well they are all needed but some moreso than others. With any luck, by June of 2012, I would very much like the freedom to pursue all these unfinished loose ends and get multiple products on the market in 2012. There's just so much to do!

Tom

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...