Have you ever tried this ? VATSIM flying

arb65912

Alright well Cameron still hasn't replied to my message. Ok everyone, it looks as if there is quite a lot of Aussies here on the site and from exactly where I am Australia is 13 hrs ahead meaning we have to set up a time that could be benefiting to everyone! So I was thinking maybe a time like 10 AM florida time which equals to 7AM California time, 4PM Germany\France time and 11PM Aussie time which gives our Aussie members the time to fly in the event as well  :) I don't have many ideas for where to have this, but I was thinking maybe something like Nassau, or TNCM? As they both are beautiful airports with nice approaches and usually aren't too too busy with other VatSimers so it wouldn't scare off first time VatSimers that would want to take part in the event. So people can you just pitch in some ideas as to where we could hold this event?? The only constraint for me is that I have school until 2 PM Florida time so I wouldn't be able to part take if it was before then :D If you think of anything for location just PM me or write it on this thread! And if that poses a problem I'll make a proper thread for the even, even though I wanted to wait until the event, location, date etc was confirmed before making a thread.

Thanks all =)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm chuffed if you guys use my KMPI! It's a very pretty area in Any case.

I'll load up the texture update with the new building, some more parking room and a few GAs within an hr. I wish I could join u, I have family commitments and 11pm is past my beauty sleep.

Remember to follow all the signs, and bin your X-plane rubbish!

I'm chuffed if you guys use my KMPI! It's a very pretty area in Any case.

I'll load up the texture update with the new building, some more parking room and a few GAs within an hr. I wish I could join u, I have family commitments and 11pm is past my beauty sleep.

Remember to follow all the signs, and bin your X-plane rubbish!

Then we'll just find a different time! We definitely need Simon flyin' with us!

I think after Simon gave so much effort in sprucing up his airport to get it up tonight, then we should go there first. But what should stop us from doing it more than once?

I also like the idea of going somewhere a little smaller than Boston for the first time. (First time for me, anyway.)

Ok yeah, sounds good! Ok so guys, just wondering how does tomorrow sound? I can't do it any of the days this week, but i can organize it for y'all even though I wouldn't be able to part take in it. But tomorrow is Sunday and it could be around 6PM florida time, it would be 12AM Europe time, and 7AM Aussie time, it's hard to work between these times since we are basically trying to find a time that works for the 3 corners of the world. So let me know, hopefully this isn't too late, and a notice should have been done earlier  ;D

Tell me what you think, and I'll make the thread for the Fly- In!

Why not give it a little time to let word get out? Less than 24 hours is too soon I would think. Perhaps the following week so you can participate.

Yeah I guess 24 hrs isn't very much time  :)

Ah me and my bad habits of rushing things lol, ok so I'll make the thread now to get the word out asap in case some people can only get on X-Pilot on the weekends due to work during the week

Hi Guys, just letting you know I was told the last version of KMPI I stuffed up, all the runway lighting went missing! Trial by fire, had to learn WED quick to fix it, so added another helipad and tiny taxiway. So it was worth stuffing up in the end, as I learnt the basics of WED at least. So a fixed version sucking into that slow serverbeast called the .org, jeeze it takes ages!

Ok people, a friend of mine is a controller at KBOS and said if we wanted to hold up our event we could do it at Boston and he and others could have full ATC there!!! Tell me if y'all would rather have an event at KBOS with ATC or at Simon's awesome scenery???

Who's your friend? I control a bit at KBOS as well.

I'm a controller at KZMP - Minneapolis on VATSIM as my primary facility. If you guys want/need coverage for a fly-in in our airspace at all, let me know.

Ok people, a friend of mine is a controller at KBOS and said if we wanted to hold up our event we could do it at Boston and he and others could have full ATC there!!! Tell me if y'all would rather have an event at KBOS with ATC or at Simon's awesome scenery???

Who's your friend? I control a bit at KBOS as well.

I'm a controller at KZMP - Minneapolis on VATSIM as my primary facility. If you guys want/need coverage for a fly-in in our airspace at all, let me know.

And alright thanks  :)

I would also like to take part in the fly-in. Unfortunately I'm limited to 1700Z-2200Z from monday to friday, saturdays and sundays are all free to go :)

I've never flown multiplayer on X-Plane. From what I've read, I'll need Squawkbox v4. Anything else, like Teamspeak or other "radio" software? I ask in order to avoid and reduce any possible compatibility issues.

I would also like to take part in the fly-in. Unfortunately I'm limited to 1700Z-2200Z from monday to friday, saturdays and sundays are all free to go :)

I've never flown multiplayer on X-Plane. From what I've read, I'll need Squawkbox v4. Anything else, like Teamspeak or other "radio" software? I ask in order to avoid and reduce any possible compatibility issues.

All I use is squawkbox and a program  I found online called Joker that let's me program a button on my joystick to be the button I have to press for radio contact.

Can this Joker act as a "virtual radio"? There are TeamSpeak, Ventrillo, RogerWilco and probably more - which one should I get?

Another thing is, I remember an utility for FS9 that allowed to change radio channels from the sim itself, by tuning COM1 radio to the frequency of TS channel, without the need for clicking it in TS itself. Unfortunately I forgot the utility's name, but is there anything similar for X-Plane?

Can this Joker act as a "virtual radio"? There are TeamSpeak, Ventrillo, RogerWilco and probably more - which one should I get?

Another thing is, I remember an utility for FS9 that allowed to change radio channels from the sim itself, by tuning COM1 radio to the frequency of TS channel, without the need for clicking it in TS itself. Unfortunately I forgot the utility's name, but is there anything similar for X-Plane?

I don't understand what you mean by Virtual Radio, maybe someone else will clarify on that lol, and I think there might be a program but I'm not 100% sure since I do not use one

By "virtual radio" I mean any software, that enables its users to communicate by speech. There are some different programs which do that and I've asked, which one to use in order to be compatible on VATSIM - in other words what to use to be able to speak with pilots and ATC, as flying and typing at the same time kinda spoils the whole fun and purpose of ATC for me (1.5 keyboards were hurt during testing that!).

By "virtual radio" I mean any software, that enables its users to communicate by speech. There are some different programs which do that and I've asked, which one to use in order to be compatible on VATSIM - in other words what to use to be able to speak with pilots and ATC, as flying and typing at the same time kinda spoils the whole fun and purpose of ATC for me (1.5 keyboards were hurt during testing that!).

You don't need any other programs! Squawkbox has a built in radio system, all you need is a microphone!