Where for art thou?

kanary

Hey I know you get asked this all the time. But we are the customers lol. When do you think you will be releasing this?

im not trying to be rude by asking. I just find it weird to declare a close to release announcement when that was almost two months ago. 

I get it I really do. I have been a contracting software engineer for about 15 years and I know deadlines are fluid I get that in fact I would be your number one defender about "things cropping up" 

I have literally stopped using X-plane since the release is getting close announcement I am on eager tenterhooks :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Cameron said:

It'll be released when it's ready. We won't be giving further release info for the time being.

Considering this project is 5+ years, even 5 months is close when you take it into context.

11 hours ago, Cameron said:

The 'Work in Progress' section is precisely for keeping you in the loop.

Well said Cameron.  Release it when it's ready.  We can wait.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

On 2/7/2016 at 1:28 AM, Cameron said:

It'll be released when it's ready. We won't be giving further release info for the time being.

Considering this project is 5+ years, even 5 months is close when you take it into context.

On 2/7/2016 at 1:45 AM, Cameron said:

The 'Work in Progress' section is precisely for keeping you in the loop.

Poor response. It was a reasonable question given that you have created a buzz and timeline expectation with all the videos and "getting close" announcement. These are your prospective customers after all.

• Downvote 8

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ah OK you're just rude...I get it.  Zero customer service awareness. I won't be buying this product based on your attitude alone. 

My response was in no way rude. You are interpreting it that way.

It is your prerogative to not choose to purchase this product, and we respect your decision not to should you come to that conclusion over silly banter on when a release time will be had.

Either way, enjoy your flights in X-Plane, no matter the aircraft you choose to do them in! :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is a communication channel that you have chosen to publicly interact with your potential customers. Suggest you don't refer to it as banter. If you want the past 5 years of development to be commercially rewarding, you should probably learn some marketing, communications and customer service skills to go with that very obvious talent for developing a great product. ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

52 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is a communication channel that you have chosen to publicly interact with your potential customers.

With all due respect, we have been extremely communicative with everyone throughout these entire threads (over 1,800 posts worth). The fact you are honing in on something to do with a release date is sensibly shortsighted.

Suggest you don't refer to it as banter.

It most certainly is in the context of how this thread was initiated.

If you want the past 5 years of development to be commercially rewarding, you should probably learn some marketing, communications and customer service skills to go with that very obvious talent for developing a great product. ;)

Having been in this market since 2008, and running a full fledged business in that time surrounding around the X-Plane market only, we're doing just fine and you're really not in a position to make such suggestions.

This entire team has dedicated a rather insane amount of time attempting to bring a big product to market. Respect can go both ways, sir. I suggest you consider that when you interpret and write.

You are getting offended over statements that don't align with what you want to hear. You want a release date, we don't have one to offer. Respect the answer and move along. This isn't a venue for you to prance in here pushing people around and playing "whoa is me" when you get responded to in kind. If you want to be treated with respect, then come in here and treat those you want respect FROM with respect.

This topic has had its time, and there's really nothing more productive that can be said at this point besides a downward spiral. Topic closed. :)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1