What would you like to see developed for X Plane?

Jacoba

With all the nice planes and add ons being previewed here, up coming releases and projects in development. I thought about asking others what they would like to see developed for XPlane. What plane or program would you like to see most, developed?

I'd love to see someone develop a nice rendition of Cessnas Citation Mustang complete with a good working example of the G1000 cockpit.

I'd also love to see Reality XP finally develop their GPS for Mac OSX.

What about you?

Proper multiplayer. XBox live is amazing for multiplayer experience. Playing with friends takes it to a whole new level.

ooh yeah, a more relaxed and seamless version of Vatsim- only with deformable and combustible scenery/ planes and unlimited ammo! All your base are belong to us!

y

I dream of these things being modelled, some of them already work with the help of plugins, while others were included in other sims. And some of them would push the X-Plane even further, above competition. Not necessary in that order :)

1) Engines fail when abused, just like on plugin-driven An-2. Overtemp or too cold, overrev, overtorque...

2) Realistic passengers, payload and CoG management prior to flight. Assign weight to respective seats and luggage compartments, just like the An-24 does, instead of general-purpose sliders.

3) Modelling of loss of tail rotor efficiency (LTE), with regards of wind and flight envelope.

4) Ornithopter aircraft possible ;)

5) More detailed electrical installation setups in Plane Maker. The best would be to be able to model it in a graphical way, by drawing power lines, buses and devices and connecting them. The same goes for fuel, oil, hydraulic systems.

6) Ability to quick switch from Plane Maker to the sim itself and back, to test the plane you're working on.

7) "Lifelike" AI traffic and ATC.

8) Better Spitfire.

9) Huey!!

I think the biggest thing for me is what a lot of people seem to want and that's lifelike AI and ATC. I don't spend much time online so this would be a nice feature. Also as Indi mentioned, if the multiplayer was more user friendly then I would probably make more of an effort to try and fly online.

As far as aircraft go, for heli's I would like to see a Bell 412 and for aircraft I would like a nicely done T-38 and maybe an E-3?

6) Ability to quick switch from Plane Maker to the sim itself and back, to test the plane you're working on.

Don't understand this... takes all of 10 seconds to save in PM, switch to XP, and open the plane.  :-\

You mean having both applications open and running at the same time? Working in PM and having XP minimized?