Yosemite troubles.

Jose Almeida

• 2 weeks later...

There are several of us iMac users, particularly with mid 2011, 27" , 16Gb ram and ATI Radeon 2Mb graphics cards, who are now getting stuttering and varying frame rates under Yosemite (even 10.10.1).  These faults are making XP unusable.  I'm praying for a resolution to this soon, and am having to use a Boot Camp installation while I wait, as well as (and it's slow...) booting from an external HD with Mavericks on it, and then using my internal HD's X-Plane installation.  

Not good  :mellow:

As a further, I have experienced a remarkable recovery.  The iMac went to sleep with the stuttering XP running, and when I returned to wake things up 10 minutes later, XP was still running (of course) but the frame rate was fantastic, and there was not a stutter to be seen........

I have shut down XP and restarted it, upped the resolution, etc., and it seems OK so far.

As for later, or tomorrow, who knows?  :unsure: