FMS limitations and general capabilities

Jakob Ludwig

Hello everybody,

As the CRJ has been on the market for quite a while and I've been enjoying this aircraft ever since. Seeing it has been updated a couple of times already, I really start to wonder on how future updates will address FMS features and aircraft system's.

To be more specific I would like to see development on a few fields.

TCAS

- still missing

COCKPIT LIGHTING

- Instrument brightness is still coupled to Integral Lighting, which is not correct

- WX Radar intensity on ND should be independent of integ brightness

FMS

-Points within SID/STAR procedures, which are only altitude passing or crossing related and not a defined Fix, are not being assumed to be passed/crossed, whilst in FMS/LNAV mode. It's really annoying to delete them or adjusting Route with directs in the most stressful phase of flight

- Basic VNAV advisory to eat workload for the pilot.

- Progress Page with Basic Informationen should be implemented

I kindly ask on how the developers are planning for updates and which features will be implemented or corrected?!

Considering the time on the market of the aircraft, your customers will be happy about upgrades on the CRJ.

Regards

Jakob

Edited by Jaggo82

As far as I know it is not planned to upgrade the CRJ - except for bugfixes and compatibility reasons. I doubt that we will see any new FMC/Systems features as Phillip is very busy with Flightfactor (777, 757) developement...

I think the CRJ is a dead end...

Flo

As far as I know it is not planned to upgrade the CRJ - except for bugfixes and compatibility reasons. I doubt that we will see any new FMC/Systems features as Phillip is very busy with Flightfactor (777, 757) developement...

I think the CRJ is a dead end...

Flo

Hope not. As the CRJ deserves some more upgrades. Otherwise you won't satisfy customers, as they start to compare products... 

Despite I would like to read an official statement from one of the Developers. Thanks.