Crash

TheSlasher

Ever since I put in xquakbox, plane has been crashing for different reasons. First, too much scenery and plugins( I deleted them), then SASL (includes the ssj, erj140 and other aircrafts). Now the problem is this 

0:00:52.694 I/FLT: Init p10 type:loc_ram apt:ETSA rwy:07
0:00:52.694 I/ATC: p10(N10XP) FP filed - ETSA to ETOU at 20000 via KRH , type=2
0:00:52.694 I/FLT: Init p11 type:loc_ram apt:ETSA rwy:07
0:00:52.694 I/ATC: p11(N11XP) FP filed - ETSA to LKVM at 23000 via LNZ VLM , type=2
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

I keep on trying to open x-plane, but every time It crashes, I check the log.txt and it always shows at the end something to do with "ETSA"

well.. I don't feel like emailing Randy. He has already helped me with the other crashes and I don't want to bug him anymore. 

I guess I'll have to download a second copy of x-plane

Thanks anyway Goran_M

hope all your hard work on the Saab pays off  :)

Edited by TheSlasher

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't SASL located in the various planes that use it and not in the plugin folder. I too experience systematic crashes in a configuration that worked flawlessly last week. Tried every known trick

Your crash has nothing to do with SASL. My guess is you're running out of memory because of the scenery errors that add up and choke your memory. Try removing the offending sceneries and see what happens. Also, you may have some other kind of plugin conflict. Try removing all your plugins (except Gizmo) and adding them back in one by one. Also, delete your preferences and try lower rendering options.

Hobofat and slasher: if you're still having crashes, post your log.txt files and let's see where your problems occur. It's extremely doubtful the problem is SASL related. Any time you all of a sudden have an issue with an aircraft that previously performed flawlessly you can usually trace the problem to a scenery or plugin that you recently installed. And always delete your preferences as your first approach to solving the issue.

Edited by ointment

Hi Ointment,

It's definitely an out of memory error.  Which is strange since no other aircraft (including ones that utilize SASL) are causing this.  JRollon's CRJ-200 and JS32 all run fine, all my Carenado craft run well, etc. But as soon as the Challenger 300 loads up, immediate crash to desktop.Log.txt

Edited by hobofat

Okay.....delete your preferences and then start X-Plane. This will start you with a default aircraft. Then try loading the Challenger and see what happens. Post your log.txt after you do this. If it still crashes, try replacing the Challenger's SASL folder with a newer SASL folder/version. Also, you might want to contact the author directly or the support forum at the org.

Make sure you're loading the latest version of this aircraft.

I see in my aircraft folder that my version is version_10_1_6_4. Where would I check to see if this is the most up to date version? I'm looking around on the Org forum and not seeing anything.

I did find an SASL replacement in the forum, as well as two other replacement files, which I installed, and now we're up and running without a crash to desktop!

Also, thank you very much for your assistance.

Edited by hobofat

Hi Ointment,

It's definitely an out of memory error.  Which is strange since no other aircraft (including ones that utilize SASL) are causing this.  JRollon's CRJ-200 and JS32 all run fine, all my Carenado craft run well, etc. But as soon as the Challenger 300 loads up, immediate crash to desktop.attachicon.gifLog.txt

same happens with SSJ i can't start up with it when i enter xplane. I have to start up in a different aircraft and then select the SSJ