xsaitekpanels.ini

iGoApp

Hi. I have mapped some Saab 340 commands and datarefs in the xsaitekpanels plugin. Not everything works, but this is something we can start with.

Limitations:

- Only for Saitek multi and radio panels;

- Radio: you can tune radios (COM and NAV). Numbers are changing in the plane but are not changing on the Saitek panels themselves, though;

- Altimeter tuning is not working;

- ADF tuning is not working;

- Switching between Active and Stby on the Upper NAV1 is not working (have no idea why the heck it is not). It is working on the Lower NAV1 though.

- AP button is not working.

Copy the xsaitekpanels.ini file to the folder of the plane (e.g., D:\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\X-Aviation\Saab 340A\Passenger Variant\).

One note: CLIMB button is mapped to the REV button on the multi panel.

Cheers.

xsaitekpanels.zip

Edited by igorland
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that. I suspect this is some compatibility issue with the plugin. Unfortunately, there will be no support from the plugin developer -- he works on Linux. So, we are on our own here. Did you try to reload the xsaitepanels.ini (in the XP menu under Plugin)? If so, I have no idea what is going on. :wacko:  There are also other XP drivers on the official Saitek site. I may also try those out. Please let me know if you find the reason.

Cheers,

Igor

Igor,

The bad news is that I want also fly other planes using Saitek panels.

If I understand correctly, using the .ini file you made will make panels work only with SF34, correct?

My workaround is simple, far from perfect of course because I am not turning any knobs ( except on GoFlight Autopilot module)

I decided to use original Saitek panels file and the radio panel let me see COM1 and COM2 radio .

Adjustments are made by assigning SAAB commands to keys on the keyboard.

It would be nice if all these panels, xacars and other plugins work well together but reality is that they are just not.

Cheers, AJ 

AJ,

If the ini file is located in the SAAB folder, it will only affect this plane. For other planes, you can have different ini files located in other planes' folders. So, this ini file will not affect other planes. Just remember to reload xsaitekpanels.ini in the XP menu,

Best,

Igor

• 4 years later...
On 29/9/2013 at 5:39 AM, iGoApp said:

One correction. Altimeter tuning is working. Use the lower XPDR knob with the function button (to learn about the function button, read the plugin manual). It is the altitude tuning that does not work. Best,

sorry i read the manual section but i can't understand. i have only the multipanel.

22 hours ago, Lorenzo.D said:

sorry i read the manual section but i can't understand. i have only the multipanel.

The XPDR knob is on the radio panel. It may be used to adjust your altimeter (e.g., 29.92). I do not think I was able to make the altitude knob on the multipanel work. That was long time ago... Cheers.

• Upvote 1