[In Progress] VOR is not working

iGoApp

Hi. Apparently, I am doing something wrong but I cannot figure out what exactly. I have tuned the VOR frequency on NAV 2, made it active, pushed NAV S R. I have also aligned the NAV course, and I am approximately 20-30 nm from the VOR. But instead of flying towards VOR, it makes a 180 turn and flies the opposite direction. I do not understand what exactly I am missing. Thank you!

I have:

CYOW - YOW - YCF - YYZ - CYYZ

Less than 50 nm to YYZ (112.150). I have to keep the HDG mode. As soon as I press NAV, the plane turns 180 degrees and flies the opposite direction. The same thing happens at closer distances and following your manuals. Which makes me think that i am doing something wrong. Thanks!

post-8275-0-65357900-1380338106_thumb.jp

So to be clear, you are experiencing the issue between YCF and YYZ?

What I see in your screenshot is that the VOR is not captured, so the AP doesn't seem to know where to go. The most logical reason for this to happen would be distance from the VOR not being close enough.

Can you confirm this screenshot is taken at the time you experience the issue? I'll be happy to look into this for you!

Yes. It has been taken at the time I am experiencing the issue. But I have the same issue at 30 nm from VOR. Frankly, I have not yet been able to fly with NAV2 engaged. VOR never captures on NAV2. I always have to manually set HDG to fly to the NAV1 VOR. Just cannot figure out what I am doing wrong... Hm....

post-8275-0-41610600-1380338632_thumb.jp

Hi Igor,

You are welcome and please, let us know it that was the case. 

I remember your fantastic application for CRJ2 and when I saw your post  I replied because I thought that maybe flying CRJ2 and heavy iron , you were used to GPS FMS navigation so something like TO/FROM indication might simply go unnoticed.

SAAB is definitely made for more VOR/NDB navigation and does a great job.

I flew tutorial route and it did exactly what it supposed to do.

I am looking forward to new release. Have fun and thank you again for this great CRJ2 application.

Cheers, AJ ;)