[SOLVED] Unable to take off at 6000 MSL?

arb65912

I love the plane !!!!!!!!!!

But I am unable to take off at 6000 MSL.

What I am doing wrong?

I did autostart then followed the quick start list and should be ready to go. CL to max. Plane accelerates to about 90 KIAS, lifts off and it feels like it did not have enough power to continue the flight and finally crashes.

I have to be doing something wrong.

Love the plane.  Checklist with zooming into the area of interest is revolutionary!

Please help.

Cheers, AJ 

Do you still have any of the following conditions apply; I found these seemed to impede my first flights ..

1. Ground OP mode button still illuminated
  2. Prop Auto Coarse is still 'On'
  3. Prop Synch is still 'Off'
  4. Flaps are still set @ take off position ...

If any of those are still at the settings they are for take off you will find it difficult to 'settle' into a nice climb/ cruise .. and it will feel like you're dragging a great big anchor around the sky :lol:

Hope that helps, but I could be barking up the wrong tree, as you say that you've followed the rest of the check list  ... Curious!

*** I still can't get over how TERRIFIC this plane is! LES and X-Aviation and all of the guys n' gals who had a hand in making this project a reality .. I am deeply  grateful!

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1

Chris,

I have never done a manual start YET, I was just playing with autopilot which is quite different that the one I know in BE33 , CL30 etc.

What I have noticed so far is that if I just do auto start and follow few steps to get ready for flight, all is fine but I need time to investigate.

Now , after few hours of intensive reading and thinking I have a headache but a "happy " one.  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :D

Definitely love the plane.

I already assigned radio frequencies to keyboard shortcuts, much easier than turning knobs by mouse.

One day I will make Saitek or GF radio working but for now it will do.

Fantastic plane and that Virtual Checklist is one to none.  :)

I will definitely report my findings here but after the weekend when I have more time learn and investigate.

Thank you for the input, I will look up these items when testing.

Cheers, AJ 

Hi arb

I had the same problem and i found out why. It's because i didn't advanced the condition levers to “UNFEATHER”, paused a few seconds, before moving them to “MAX”. I moved it at the first step to max and i had not enough power after having taken off. The second time i made it exactly as described in the manual and it worked very well (i had enough power).

Edited by frankbyte
  • Upvote 1