Ready Pad

TOBS

Nice plane you build - indeed. One thing - I do not think it is cool that I have to leave the 3D cockpit to open the READY PAD popup panel. my request for the next update: to make it available also in the 3D cockpit like in other payware models.

thnx Tom

Nice plane you build - indeed. One thing - I do not think it is cool that I have to leave the 3D cockpit to open the READY PAD popup panel. my request for the next update: to make it available also in the 3D cockpit like in other payware models.

thnx Tom

Tom,

There is a ReadyPad located in the 3D cockpit as it is in real life (center console) and it functions the same as it does in the 2D cockpit.

Are you asking for a "pop-up" ReadyPad in the 3D cockpit in a different location?

Jim

thnx Tom

Tom,

There is a ReadyPad located in the 3D cockpit as it is in real life (center console) and it functions the same as it does in the 2D cockpit.

Are you asking for a "pop-up" ReadyPad in the 3D cockpit in a different location?

Jim

hi jim,

exactly - I know there is a ready pad between the seats - but a floating popup wolud help a lot.

other question - I cannot find any entry for SID STAR ARRIVAL in your FTS1000 - or is this not a simulated FTS1000?? is it more the xplane GPS and FMC with an FTS1000 look??

cheers tom

thnx Tom

Tom,

---

hi jim,

exactly - I know there is a ready pad between the seats - but a floating popup wolud help a lot.

other question - I cannot find any entry for SID STAR ARRIVAL in your FTS1000 - or is this not a simulated FTS1000?? is it more the xplane GPS and FMC with an FTS1000 look??

cheers tom

---

Tom,

I could have a ReadyPad "pop-up" on the 3D instrument panel in the same location as it does in the 2D panel.  

If what you are looking for is to have the ReadyPad instrument pop-up (as they do in FS) in the 3D cockpit, that is a whole different thing and would require some programming (possibly OpenGL), which may be beyond my current capabilities.  I will look into this further.

Jim

cheers tom

---

Tom,

FTS1000 is a product made by FlyTheSim, which has its own database.  The G1000 in the C400 uses the standard X-Plane nav database, which does not include SIDs/STARs.  You can simulate a SID or STAR by entering each of the waypoints that are part of the procedure you want to fly.

Jim

cheers tom

---

Tom,

FTS1000 is a product made by FlyTheSim, which has its own database.  The G1000 in the C400 uses the standard X-Plane nav database, which does not include SIDs/STARs.  You can simulate a SID or STAR by entering each of the waypoints that are part of the procedure you want to fly.

Jim

Of course I mixed up the names (I was beta tester for the FTS1000) - I ment the G1000 which has sid - approaches - arrivals - this is what makes it very special that is why i asked. so I have to use it as I use any of this default fmc gps of xplane. I really thought you reachrd the goal to simulate the g1000 gps like it is in real using navigraph database like javier cortes in his ufmc. absolute clear that I can enter any waypoint by hand - but this is not like the g1000 is working. but anyway a good model.

cheers tom

Tom,

I could have a ReadyPad "pop-up" on the 3D instrument panel in the same location as it does in the 2D panel.

hi jim,

- this could be a good start - it makes the programmnig much easier then looking down all the time

If what you are looking for is to have the ReadyPad instrument pop-up (as they do in FS) in the 3D cockpit, that is a whole different thing and would require some programming (possibly OpenGL), which may be beyond my current capabilities.  I will look into this further.

yes opengl - xplane needs good programmers for opengl - sometimes things are very badly programmed that the hardware excalaration is not used more then 30 - 40% sometimes less. In the end the best card will not help...

tom

cheers tom

---

Tom,

Jim

Of course I mixed up the names (I was beta tester for the FTS1000) - I ment the G1000 which has sid - approaches - arrivals - this is what makes it very special that is why i asked. so I have to use it as I use any of this default fmc gps of xplane. I really thought you reachrd the goal to simulate the g1000 gps like it is in real using navigraph database like javier cortes in his ufmc. absolute clear that I can enter any waypoint by hand - but this is not like the g1000 is working. but anyway a good model.

cheers tom

It works quite proper in it's navigation and waypoint usage, Tom. The downfall of X-Plane's OWN navdata is the lack of SIDs and STARs. Perhaps this is something we can work on in due time. It's a couple of extra steps to enter waypoints manually, but the end result is the same when in flight at the moment.

For what it's worth, there is a comparison chart download freely available to everyone on the product page.

artoor,

I know that you can run X-Plane on multiple monitors and you could "stretch" the 2D cockpit across them.  However, I don't know of a way to "split" the 2D cockpit and display those individual parts on separate monitors, sorry.  I think you are looking for a stand-alone instrument (program) that could be displayed on the monitor of your choice separate from the aircraft.

If you had something else in mind please let me know.

Jim

I appear to have a different problem than others:

When I press the FPL Key (in 2D mode) the Active Flight Plan Window does indeed appear to the right of the MDF.

However, there isn't a ReadyPad button at the top right of the FPL.

Screen resolution is 1680x1050 so I am having to pan right to press the FPL key. Is it possible the panning is preventing the ReadyPad button from appearing?

While everything looks fantastic, and I'm sure this can be resolved, there are just enough important functions off screen for it to be a major pain.

I appear to have a different problem than others:

When I press the FPL Key (in 2D mode) the Active Flight Plan Window does indeed appear to the right of the MDF.

However, there isn't a ReadyPad button at the top right of the FPL.

Screen resolution is 1680x1050 so I am having to pan right to press the FPL key. Is it possible the panning is preventing the ReadyPad button from appearing?

While everything looks fantastic, and I'm sure this can be resolved, there are just enough important functions off screen for it to be a major pain.

gthomas,

Thanks for the feedback.

See the pic below (from the POH)...

Please note the Ready Pad button in the upper right of the Active Flight Plan Window.  Are you saying that this does not appear in the 2D cockpit for you? (Please note that this button will not appear in the Active Flight Plan Window in the 3D cockpit).

Jim

post-279-131369577431_thumb.png

Are you saying that this does not appear in the 2D cockpit for you? (Please note that this button will not appear in the Active Flight Plan Window in the 3D cockpit).

That is exactly what I am saying.

gthomas,

I must say that I have no idea why that would happen. Can you post a screen shot?

Jim

gthomas,

The problem is that you are trying to do this on the incorrect display. You'll need to use the right side display, and given your screen resolution, you'll need to first press the right arrow key. This will move your view to the right, and then you'll need to use the FPL key on that right side disply.

The problem is that you are trying to do this on the incorrect display. You'll need to use the right side display, and given your screen resolution, you'll need to first press the right arrow key. This will move your view to the right, and then you'll need to use the FPL key on that right side disply.

Arrow Key!?! Never dreamed of hunting around for my keyboard--I use a yoke and pedals. Is there a way to that action to a button?

I did not realize that panning right in 2D jumped one into 3D mode

Hi, there,

Yes, it does. X-Plane changes the view to become the same as pressing ctrl+o for 3D mode, but at a fixed angle. As such, it is considered a 3D view.

As stated, you'll need to either:

1. Press the right arrow key in 2D mode

or

2. Utilize 3D mode (ctrl + o) and move the view to the center console.