Joystick (Left Roll)

mcgw

Preface:  I'm a newbie, but I searched other forums and the solutions have not worked for me.

My joystick pulls to the left constantly.  When in the air or when I taxi on the runway.

The joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  This is the only controller I'm using which controlls: Pitch, Roll, Rudder and Throttle.

I configured the Joystick Throttle using the "Throttle" setting in the Axis settings (not the Throttle 1,2,3 etc.)

The aircraft is the JGX Cessna C400 (Corvalis).

Anyone else encounter this?  I've calibrated to no avail.  Any clues?  I hope its something simple.  Many thanks in advance.

Matt

P.S.  I tolerated the Joystick issue up until this point because I was focusing on the ATC communications and the Garmin navigation system, filing a flight plan and using the autopilot (just FYI, in case you wonder why I wait until now to address).

Again, thanks so much friends.  I attached of photo of the aircraft when the joystick is in centered position.  (Yes, I centered it using the settings tab... again, to no avail).

post-10828-0-30952600-1366761437_thumb.j

What power do you have on the throttle. Too much or too few power results in banking due to the torque factor. Playing with the throttle power for me it is possible to get a straight and level flight with some small adjustments needed from time to time.

Hi Rick,

I think you are on to something here...  :)  The joystick works perfect flying the Cirrus TheJet!!!  It was a dream to fly; pretty awesome.  This is a huge relief, but tells me I'm ignorant of how to correct my settings/trim to fly the JGX Corvalis TT.  I'm a brand spanking newbie, and not a pilot.  I'm guessing I need to research adjustment of the rudder/aileron trim settings...  which I know nothing about, but would love to learn :)  Am I correct?  Any great resources you know of?  Thanks in advance, and thanks for helping to troubleshoot my hardware and identifying there are nos issues with it.  Kindest Regards,  Matt.

Agreed its the trim on single engined prop craft, but I was getting it on twin props, both wing mounted and fore and aft mounted, also on jets on the ground. There is still a very slight pull to the left during take off and landing and taxiing but it is very slight.

It makes me wonder if what my partner said may be the reason. That X-plane perhaps bases all its flight models on the single engined Cessna.

Agreed its the trim on single engined prop craft, but I was getting it on twin props, both wing mounted and fore and aft mounted, also on jets on the ground. There is still a very slight pull to the left during take off and landing and taxiing but it is very slight.

It makes me wonder if what my partner said may be the reason. That X-plane perhaps bases all its flight models on the single engined Cessna.

I remember during one of the betas ages ago 10.1 betas or something there was a bug that made the 747 pull to the right or left and it turned out to be to do with something they had changed with the electrical systems but they got rid of that.

There is also the weather veining effect that is overdone when you have a wind that is not stright from the front on the runway the plane tends to steer into it too much at low speed this effects both props and jets.

Some twin props will still get the torq steer factor because I 'think' that not all types have counter rotating propellors.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, first post here, but just bought X plane 10 for Mac and that same stick. Same exact problem as you, I also assumed that it was torque input but as stated above it is,present in ALL aircraft

It's an overdone torque problem (at least for prop aircraft), present in X-Plane itself. This is when the plane wants to roll after takeoff & requires adjustments (aileron trim) with throttle changes. To yaw during the takeoff roll & initial climb is fine. The new beta has removed some of the problem with changed settings. Some developers have worked it out beforehand.  

edit: This is why prop engines are actually angled on the engine mounts to the right, when prop rotates clockwise from the cockpit view.

Edited by LA