Javelin MK-20 by Jrollon, via X-Aviation.com

Chuckfops

I personally, have had nothing but issues with this aircraft. I always like to-do my homework before spending any money on a virtual item. And I made sure to cover my bases, before purchasing this aircraft. I even went as far as to email the creator of the airplane, as well as the support at X-Aviation.com

http://www.x-aviatio...velin-p-50.html  $20.00us

I only had 1 question for them. Is this aircraft X-Plane 10, V10.20 64bit compatible?

Javier replied back:

"The plane has no plugin so it is perfectly compatible."

and Cameron with X-Aviation replied back with:

"Yes, this product will work in X-Plane 10.2 64-bit."

Now in all fairness, during my homework, I had read issues with people having issues with this aircraft. But they were often 2-3 years old. Plenty of time, for them to be corrected. Or at least I hoped.

Upon download and install, this aircraft will crash x-plane to desktop. Complaining that there are old outdated airfoils that need updating, before it will work. Now, being new to x-plane I had no idea what this what talking about. After much research I found that there is a update airfoil option in the Airfoil-Maker.exe. So I went ahead and did this, problem solved. Not that I understand why a developer wouldn't do this option himself, before selling an aircraft to a consumer.

So, now that I had this aircraft able to be loaded. I notice a few other issues within minutes of her first test flight.

First, I noticed that this aircraft, does not like to stop. Sometimes before take off, and usually on landing. And if you hit grass, forgedabbouit. I have played with this a bit, and i'm not 100% sure, but it sure does seem like the engines are set at too high of an idle. Because, I find, that if you kill the engines during landing, the craft comes to a stop no problem. Even if you have wind to your back. Is this something that could be fixed in Plane-Maker? I don't even know.

Honestly, that is something I could live with. I could role-play that the engines are just way too overpowered for the aircraft, and this is intentional. Working as intended, so to speak.

But the thing with this aircraft, that really bothers me is, the Hydraulic Pressure warning light is stuck on. And if you head to fails, it shows Hydraulic Pressure 1&2 in the red. I have tried several different things to try to correct this, and am unable. I read a couple other posts where this happened to others, but none of them ever came to a conclusion. So I guess, in my heart, I was hoping this was fixed already. As Javier had acknowledged this back in 2010, and claimed he was waiting for v10 to fix it. This is something I should of confirmed in my previous e-mail.

Upon loading X-Plane, it claims to be an ultra-realistic flight simulator. Ultra realistic for me, is not operating an aircraft while it is showing any warning signs at all. So to me, it is something I need to fix. Yes, I have OCD. A place for everything, and everything in it's place.

When I emailed them both, about compatibility, before purchase, I had a reply within 24 hours. But, I find myself waiting for 4 days, for a reply about my concerns with the aircraft. So I went ahead and emailed them again this morning. I understand mail can get lost in cyberspace sometimes. No reply from X-Aviation, but Javier had this to say:

And I quote:

"sorry for the delay answering... Well.. the hydraulic pressure makes any problem to you piloting the plane? It is default msg one, I guess nothing to worry about. The only thing you need is to set the number of flight solutions per frame from 1 to 2 or 3 in this aircraft."

Javier has a lot of rave reviews for his CRJ-200. So I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this reply is unacceptable. IMHO.

I really want to like this aircraft, and I do admit it has a lot of potential. So close, but yet, so far away.

I suppose if you have experience with AirfoilMaker and PlaneMaker these are issues you can correct yourself after purchase maybe? But should you really need to? At this time of writing, I do not, at least not yet. And find myself unhappy with my purchase.

CB

When I emailed them both, about compatibility, before purchase, I had a reply within 24 hours. But, I find myself waiting for 4 days, for a reply about my concerns with the aircraft. So I went ahead and emailed them again this morning. I understand mail can get lost in cyberspace sometimes. No reply from X-Aviation, but Javier had this to say:

We do not ignore e-mails at X-Aviation in any form or fashion. In fact, we are primarily known for fast after sales support. You are no exception to this rule, and while you try to assert otherwise, you have in fact as shown by our system been replied to within minutes to a few hours of writing in. We do not delete any support tickets or e-mails as a means to assess peoples claims such as this.

Please be sure to check your spam box or clear record of our e-mail for inbound delivery. I personally have again replied earlier today.

As to everything else in this post, I will revert people to the following post.

As you have conversations going in multiple venues, here, X-Aviation, X-Aviation Reviews, and e-mail, this topic will be closed to streamline replies. There's no need to go fantastically crazy in a ton of locations all associated to the same place. It's counterproductive. That said, your review here will remain, as we don't wish to censor that.