Chicago in ridiculous detail.

Griduser64

the file was removed because the FSX buildings belong to Chicago X from Aerosoft.....

It wasn't removed, I deleted it after realizing it wasn't allowed, it's a shame you can't can't find any similar package for X-Plane though.

:)

Edited by Griduser64

It is sad, isn't it? I mean look at the 3D detail thrown into the new Google Earth cities... imagine flying over Seattle with their 3D city... man that would be amazing :D

EDIT: Also wouldn't Google benefit? I mean, if they sold areas like Seattle for like $50.00USD a pop, they would make a KILLING. And people would BUY IT.

Edited by Colin S

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer when you can't share awesome scenery for others to have fun with, but at least there are tools out there like the one I listed which help for personal use. I think G2XPL is another great one but you have to donate to get the full version, more about here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=59170

After looking for descent payware scenery for X-Plane 10 and not finding what I'm looking for I feel forced to create some instead, and I'm not talking about airport packages because to me that's not ground scenery since it's just a tiny area that quickly disappears as soon as you take off. I'm looking for scenery that covers entire cities and there seem to be not that many choices in that area.

I have checked out www.x-aviation.com and I like some stuff there, like the Florida package which I'm surprised to see it covers the entire state lol, but I really hope we see more work in the big scenery area for X-Plane 10.

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer when you can't share awesome scenery for others to have fun with, but at least there are tools out there like the one I listed which help for personal use. I think G2XPL is another great one but you have to donate to get the full version, more about here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=59170

After looking for descent payware scenery for X-Plane 10 and not finding what I'm looking for I feel forced to create some instead, and I'm not talking about airport packages because to me that's not ground scenery since it's just a tiny area that quickly disappears as soon as you take off. I'm looking for scenery that covers entire cities and there seem to be not that many choices in that area.

I have checked out www.x-aviation.com and I like some stuff there, like the Florida package which I'm surprised to see it covers the entire state lol, but I really hope we see more work in the big scenery area for X-Plane 10.

That one is actually illegal as well :/ beware. So is donating to be able to use it. I wish we could actually do this stuff and it NOT be against the rules.