DH6 Twin Otter

Goran_M

• 1 month later...

Yes ! My mother does sky diving and the sky dive club got two planes, a Pilatus PC-6 and a De Havilland DHC-6-200 Twin Otter ( a version with long nose and 4 bladed props )

It's this one : http://www.airliners.net/photo/De-Havilland-Canada/1940912/L/&sid=ecde316a00fcf2760a63de1623454d24

As I will pass my PPL(A) exam in a couple of months, and with 36 Hours in a small Cessna 152,the pilot allow me to get in and left me the controls during all the ascent and descent, it was so nice .. climb at 1000 FPM, 85 Knots, with 20 Chutist behind you, then drop them and descent at 140 Knots, near the VNE, at -4000 FPM.. all the airframes shakes it was so impressive .. when I've landed ( it was " strange " for me because the airplane is more elevated than a 152 on the runway, it's strange the first time ) he mannaged to apply some reversers and the planes stops after some meters on the runway, after taxiing, he applies reversers to get back near the fuel pumps ..

It was a magic moment, Immediately after that, I imagined that got a CPL and doing that kind of stuff would be fun, and I immediately check on the internet if a Twin Otter does exist for X-Plane and I see this one ..

Please, do a high quality ACF as high quality as the Duchess, with a Turbine management like the real one, it would be so nice and would remember me those magic moments ...

Best regards, Valentin.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This project has actually been passed on to me a few weeks ago. I really want to get it finished but I have to clear my current workload.

Let me wrap up what I'm doing over the next few months and I'll see where I'm at. If I can squeeze it in as a side project, I definitely will.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry to dig up old threads, but is this TWotter still alive ?

Aerosoft is making an oustanding job on their " Extended " version, they originallt old they would also make it for X-Plane 10 ... no news since, so I believe this one is our only hope now