[IN PROGRESS] A few 1.03 questions/issues

of course. 32bits and 64bits tested.

Also I am not hearing anyone with this problem, and there are already a few that they downloaded it and installed it.

As said in manual from 1.0 version the mixture axis is deleted in the plane when loaded.

The Prop is deleted since 1.01 as you can read in addendum.

The funny thing is what is making to remove your throttle and assign to other axis. I don't have any idea. I am not in front of you computer to try things.

The only way I know is try, try, try stupid things... try until see something.

could be because my 1.03 and in a very particular case? Yes.. of course it could.. but I cannot reproduce it,.. and others seems don't have this problem (will wait to next days to see what happens with other people). But until I don't find a way to reproduce a problem, normally I cannot fix it.

As said my 1.03 version works in 32bits and 64bits in 10.20 beta 11. in 32bits in 10.11, and of course in 9.70. No problem you describe found.

But also I have another computer with windows and mac installed. No problem

And a laptop.. no problem.

So I don't know what to do for your now...

The only I suggest you if you want to fly in 64bits is use the joystick in green menu.. so you will be able to use it. Then when you want to close xplane, AGAIN PUT THE JOYSTICK MENU IN ORANGE. Then LOAD OTHER PLANE so you would have your axis back.

For now is the only I can say to you about this problem. For me (for now) seems a problem with your configuration. connecting the joystick to other usb port does make any difference?

You can download again the plane in case anything is corrupt.. (I doubt it).... 

Don't know what to tell you more to try... If I find an idea I will tell you.

I had similar problem. I restart the X-Plane with BE33 and all axis are gone.

I think I did something wrong while exiting X-Plane.

I have tried few times and as long as I have axis working and exit X-Plane having plane other than JS32 loaded, all axis are saved.

It is annoying to remember that I need to exit X-Plane with the different plane loaded, if not I need to assign axes again but I still love the plane.

It is worth that extra reminder.

Plane is great and I love it, now I can change the frequencies via Saitek radio.

I only wish it was a way not to have to remember to exit X-plane with different plane loaded...

Cheers, AJ 

Edited by arb65912

ahh but the throttle is working for you!! ah ah!! thought you have the same problem. Woweezowee, even if he assign the throttle again he cannot manage.

Yes.. if you don't remember you can loose the assignations. 

But now in 1.03 it is good that if for example you prepare the cockpit (20minutes) and going to taxi.. and unlock and don't have teh axis.. now you don't have to load other airplane and blame in me and my family. Now you can assign them inside, hot.

I'm having a similar problem with the throttle. On my Mac 10.8.2, Jetstream 1.03 assigns the topmost joystick axis to "throttle" in both the 64 and 32 bit versions. It cannot be reassigned no matter to what I try to reassign it and the Jetstream ignores the axis I already had assigned to "throttle." When I change to another plane, that topmost axis is still assigned to "throttle" but it can then be reassigned.

Kerbaugh, are you trying to assign the axis without the green-joysitck menu? You cannot. 

You have to turn the green joystick menu. This is the way to do it:

1. show the menu of the yoke

2. click over the Joystick Assign icon to turn it green

3. go to settings / Joystick and equipment and make you assignations

4. You should be able to move them but you maybe could find stutter problems. Click over the Joystick assign icon again to turn it to amber.

You should be able to move now any asigned axis, but not the prop or mixture. 

If you cannot please click over the Power label next-left to the throttles to see if it moves now or not (it should not, but who knows).

I thought that maybe the first axis is the problematic so in programming I miss something but I tried to assign that axis, that in my configuration is set to the pedals and is working perfectly.

AHHHHHH!!! MAYBE I REMEMBER WHAT I DID TO SOLVE THE DOUBLE INPUT. Now remembering I have 2 joystick connected. The pedals and the joystick.

Go to settings / Joystick and Calibrate Joystick hardware.. and move all your axis in all its extension. and asign values again. Then when centered, click over "use this position as CENTER.

As said.. I cannot reproduce it. Maybe you all have other hardware connected? Because 1.03 allows that hardware to interact with the plane.. maybe is also doing something.

To new people comming to Jetstream. Please read manual to know how the plane works with Joystick axis.

Edited by Japo32

To new people comming to Jetstream. Please read manual to know how the plane works with Joystick axis.

Very good advice from Javier, and it dosn't just apply to his JS-32!!

I've not had any problems with version 1.03, but have noticed occasionaly X-Plane 10 (any version) will get it's inter-session settings mixed up no matter which add-on your using (the more complex the plug-in, custom datarefs ect, the greater the probability that X-Plane occasionaly gets mixed up). If that does happen occasionaly, no need to panic, just load a default aircraft of the same type as the add-on you have the problem with. So for the JS32 it would be something like the Baron B58 or KingAir. Wait for the default aircraft to finish loading, then exit. X-Plane will save preferences on EXIT.

Now re-start X-Plane and let last aircraft to load then change to the aircraft you want to fly.

Just to show how "daft" X-Plane 10 is just go to Settings, Operations and Warnings, under Startup, untick Save preferences, exit X-Plane, re-start X-Plane. Don't be supprised if a "BE ADVISED, X-Plane CRASHED" message appears, (which It didn't), There are still alot of "funnies" like this in XP10 IMHO.

Anywho! Back to Javier's brill JS-32 and the GUST LOCK, my little vid:

(Just remember that by default, when starting "Cold and Dark", that on Loading,  the JS-32 activates the GUST LOCK to the IN position).

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

Great video!

Well. I have to add that is not necesary to unlock controls to change other aircraft. Just load other aircraft and all the axis will come back. Even if you don't have mapped the mixture or Propeller axis... or you don't mind loosing them, you can exit from the Jetstream directly IF YOU LEAVE THE GUST LOCK in the down position before exit.

And now you can asign axis inside the jetstream with the new joystick menu on the yoke.

Going to copy that video link!!! Thanks!

I've not had any problems with version 1.03, but have noticed occasionaly X-Plane 10 (any version) will get it's inter-session settings mixed up no matter which add-on your using (the more complex the plug-in, custom datarefs ect, the greater the probability that X-Plane occasionaly gets mixed up).

I never had such an issue. The only thing was that once you had to plug in your USB equipment always in the same order on Mac. I'm so used to it that I still do it today, although the whole hardware stuff was reworked some betas ago.

Summarizing: There's not a single strange issue with 10.20b11 but for known bugs like "the twighlight" bug and unfortunately the BAE Jetstream joystick issue, but that again only with the version 1.03. All 64-bit plugins do work, including all of those by STMA, wich I am beta testing. Flawless!

BTW, what your video does show: The throttle is also assigned to the top-most axis setting in your X-Plane. And that's exactly one of the problems that lead to my issues.

@ kerbaugh

Do you also have the Saitek TPM?

If so, that might lead to what could be the problem.

I have the Saitek yoke. This one goes into my computers USB port. Into the yokes USB hub go the throttle quadrant (that I use for speedbrakes, carburator heat and flaps) and the Saitek TPM, wich is my throttle, prop and mixture.

Unfortunately I'm totally out of time to do further testing myself.
Edited by woweezowee

No matter how one looks at it , all these steps are major PITA but what I do in worst case scenario, I just assign axes before starting up JS32 and fly.

I do not see the consistency , one time all axes are gone, other time not, no clear way of solving the problem.

Love the plane too much to let it spoil the fun anyway.

Cheers, AJ 

Javier (and others),

I always read that before leaving X-Plane after using the Jetstream, I should load another plane, to ensure that my joystick assignments are not gone when I use X-Plane the next time.

Well, this is what I just tried:

1. Load the BAe

2. Unlock the controls with the lever next to the centre console

3. Fly around etc.

4. Exit X-Plane (without loading another plane)

When I load X-Plane again, all my settings are still there.

Which is great, by the way, but I suppose I do not understand everything correctly...?

Using XP 10.20 b11, 64 Bit, Windows 7.

Mario

Javier (and others),

I always read that before leaving X-Plane after using the Jetstream, I should load another plane, to ensure that my joystick assignments are not gone when I use X-Plane the next time.

Well, this is what I just tried:

1. Load the BAe

2. Unlock the controls with the lever next to the centre console

3. Fly around etc.

4. Exit X-Plane (without loading another plane)

When I load X-Plane again, all my settings are still there.

Which is great, by the way, but I suppose I do not understand everything correctly...?

Using XP 10.20 b11, 64 Bit, Windows 7.

Mario

You are half right in your understanding Mario. Here is the deal, and why it works for you:

1. Fly the Jetstream, lock the controls after flight, load another plane, quit X-Plane

OR

2. Fly the Jetstream, do not lock the controls after flight, quit X-Plane.

The problem would occur in your scenario if you had the J32 open, locked the controls, then exited X-Plane. Since you are not re-locking the controls you are in the clear.

OK, I have read the whole Woweezowee story from the sidelines with avid interest as I have been suffering the exact same fate.  V. 1.01 of the aircraft worked a treat for me but from the start of v. 1.03 every time I load up the JS32 I get a double assignation of throttle.

I have a simple XP setup, I am on XP9 with Mac OSX and a Saitek X52 throttle and joystick, and have followed the aircraft's manual to the letter.  I have tried the various advice shown in this thread without any joy.  I have loaded up the aircraft with engines running as well as cold and dark with the same result.  I have even tried loading it into a demo version of XP10, again with exactly the same situation.

This is my joystick config for the default King Air 200:

post-9281-0-01165200-1358917866_thumb.jp

The moment I load up the JS32 it switches to the following:

post-9281-0-00693800-1358917919_thumb.jp

What was the reverse thrust is now doubly assigned as the throttle.  As a result I cannot adjust the throttle of the aircraft using the X52 throttle (but I can by moving the reverse thrust lever!).

When I close out the JS32 by loading another aircraft (i.e. the default King Air) the faulty double assignation remains and I have to recalibrate my joystick settings - not an arduous task, but frustrating.

I have tried unplugging and replugging the joystick and even deleting the XP preferences folder but the problem remains.

At present the only way I can fly the aircraft is to activate (turn green) the JS32‘s Joystick Assign option on the control stick menu, reset the assignations in Settings/Joystick, Keys & Equipment menu and leave the JS32‘s Joystick Assign option green whilst I fly (if I change it back to orange the problem reoccurs).

Not an elegant solution but it’s all that is available.  As I say, it worked perfectly well in v. 1.01 and my preferences haven’t changed since upgrading to v. 1.03.

By the way, if I close the JS32 with the “corrected” joystick assignments and the Joystick Assign option green and load up another aircraft (e.g. the default King Air) I get the following result:

post-9281-0-35216900-1358917921_thumb.jp

A different double assignation of the throttle - this time on a "bar" that doesn't even correspond to any axis on my Saitek joystick.  Again I have to manually delete the double assignation to be able to fly that, or any other, aircraft.

Also if I disconnect the Saitek joystick altogether, fire up XP and then load up the JS32, the Settings/Joystick, Keys & Equipment menu of XP still appears to “recognise" that there is a joystick connected and yet again applies a double assignation to the throttle as follows:

post-9281-0-59950400-1358917927_thumb.jp

In this condition, if I use the mouse to click on the throttle in the 3D cockpit it won't budge.  I again have to click on the Joystick Assign option and turn it green before it will work.

I am therefore completely bemused by this.  I am also intrigued to know how Woweezowee managed to move the position of his 3rd party equipment axis assignations as this sounds as if it might be part of the problem.  XP automatically detects which Saitek axis movement is which “bar’ in the Joystick & Equipment menu and I cannot see how I can manually alter those settings.  I only have one joystick connected so cannot see how there might be a conflict.

Grateful for any advice.

Andy

Edited by Andy
  • Upvote 1

Andy.. could you try not only to unplug and plug the joystick in same usb port, but change to other usb port? What it was done to solution it was to unplug all the usb port and plug them again, but I think if you plug the joystick to a different usb port, then you would have different position assignations so you can solve the problem.

The thing is a few user (for now I found you and woweezowee) had this problem, but the most of all users don't have it. Looked into the code and didn't see anything specially bad. 

I am therefore completely bemused by this. I am also intrigued to know how Woweezowee managed to move the position of his 3rd party equipment axis assignations as this sounds as if it might be part of the problem.

Hi Andy, I agree and find it very intriging how X-Plane appears to interact with all the different joysitcks, peddals, throttles amd other hardware and how this can a cause problems for some users when using 3rd party plug-ins. (i.e. some aircraft appear to work ok, when others suddenly appear to start having problems, some people have problems and others don't).

I think it may be useful, if when users appear to have run into a problem with say the JS-32, that they attach a copy of the Log.txt file, as this "logs" how and when XP notices changes in hardware e.g. button/axis ect ect. But to help make sense of it, a simple list of what you did. Just like you included in your last post! :)

Also, idealy if you could temporarily "turn off" all non related extras, eg. AI aircarft, non vital extra scenery and "other plug-ins" ect. ect., that way Javier and Cameron might be able to see if there is a common theme in the reports? Just an idea!

I've been very lucky with my CH Products, Pro Stick, Throttle and Pedals and Windows 7 64bit :) (Note: I only installed the bare drivers and didn't install any extra software on offer).

http://www.chproducts.com/Fighterstick-v13-d-722.html

http://www.chproducts.com/Pro-Pedals-v13-d-716.html

http://www.chproducts.com/Pro-Throttle-v13-d-719.html

And havn't really had any problem with the JS-32 :):):)

cessna729.

Andy, I am at work so need to hurry up with my comment and can't even read the answers already given:

What I did, in short: 

* unplug all USB devices

* do the whole "usual" practices of resetting the Mac. This includes what was formerly known as resetting pram (different name since Intel switch, same procedure: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379) as well as shutting down the Mac, removing the power cable, wait a minute (that resets yet another thing I can't remember now, lol), replug power cable, restart Mac, replug USB devices.

* say goodbye to your existing X-Plane preferences, delete or archive them

* restart the Mac

* re-configure your X-Plane.

I did all that in serveral combinations - in effect my USB stuff is basically plugged to my computer like before, also a big hub included, and the hub in the Saitek yoke itself.

BUT X-Plane recognized the stuff on the different postitions as shown in the screenshots now.

ok, looked fine and did work yesterday evening. HOWEVER (!!!). While switching planes and checking all things out, it happened once that PROP and MIXTURE were NOT restored but completely lost in all planes. This was solved by just assigning them again while having loaded another plane, not the BAE.

Morning to everyone and many thanks for the feedback.

Javier, yes, as an extra precaution I plugged the Saitek into a different USB port - but reading Woweezowee's reply (a big thanks!) it looks like I will have to try a much more thorough "re-set". I am now rushing out the door but will have a go at this tonight and report back.

Andy