Real Life JS32 pilots input

arb65912

Gentlemen,

I am new here in the X-Aviation forums but I have read many threads so far and I came up with the idea to ask moderators to make that  thread sticky.

We have few real life pilots providing their input here and I think that it would be a great reference to put all that input in one thread.

I hope moderators agree and make it sticky.

Thank you.

Cheers, AJ 

Icing conditions are on real life JS32 defined:

• Any form of visible moisture and,
  • IOAT (in flight/on ground) is less than +10 degrees C

General operating procedures when in icing conditions (in flight/ on ground) are to turn on propeller and engine/elevator ice protection, including continuous ignition.

An important limitation is for Airframe de-icing must be OFF during takeoff and below 200 ft on approach to landing.  This is more for maximizing engine performance during critical phases of flight.

As with all aircraft the J32 comes with standard icing condition warnings.  But, the J32 is prone to ice build up on top of the wing behind the boots.  This does dramatically degrade performance and will easily see airspeed drop by 10+ knots.

We typically turned the autopilot off when flying in icing conditions because we had tactical sense of how the aircraft was performing vs. the autopilot trying to overcompensate. 

We also encountered ice bridging when de-ice set to AUTO cycle where the ice would form a layer between the expanded boot and the ice.  This would make it hard to shed ice from the leading edges.  We routinely had to switch to manual mode and wait longer than 6 seconds between cycles to ensure enough ice was accumulated before trying to shed it.

We typically experienced a significant hit in performance anytime we stayed in icing for long periods of time.

Input from Intrance on V speeds

For reference with the real aircraft.... Speed limits for the flaps on the JS32 are:

10 - 170kts

20 - 160kts

35 - 150kts

And max gear extension speed is 160kts. If icing is suspected, use max flaps 20 and increase Vref with about 10 knots. This should normally work out quite nicely in the real thing, so you can give it a shot in X-Plane. The 130-140kts that cruster mentions is more in line with my experience. You should see between 35% and 40% torque (again, in the real aircraft).

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am looking for performance charts for the Jetstream 32 to determine the V1, VR, V2 speeds, take off and landing distances, and also flight patterns for visual, non precision and ILS approach. Could any real J32 pilot help me ? I would like to fly this beautiful baby the proper way without guessing so much............been a real pilot myself I love performance charts and correct procedures !  Many Thanks

J32 Profiles & Maneuvers:  http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/topic/4773-j32-fsm-profiles-maneuvers/

J32 Performance:  http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/topic/4772-j32-fsm-performance/

I still haven't found the Takeoff Speed Cards yet, but I will keep looking through my closets.

The performance chapter doesn't provide airport specfic charts.  I doubt you will find that as each airline maintained their own set for the approved airports they served.

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...