Request - Cherokee 140

Ntr09

Hello devs, hope it's ok to post a request here, because I've noticed that a very fun and interesting aircraft is absent from the X-Plane world; the Piper Cherokee 140. I've had the opportunity to take flight instruction in one of these, and I must say it passed my expectations by quite a bit. It's a real joy to fly. I'm not going to bore you with all the great things about it, because that's not the point here.

I'd like to ask any dev out there capable of 3d modelling and good texturing to work on one of these. I'll be able to provide as many pictures as you want, real flying numbers and experience from me and my instructor and anything else that can be gained from flying one. Along with POH data. Anyone up for it? 

Thanks for your consideration!

-NR

You mean like this?

http://www.c74.net/xplane/_a_cherokee_140.html

http://www.c74.net/xplane/_piper.html

Jason Chandler's Piper series is probably the best payware aircraft deal in all of X-Plane.  14 planes for $14.  Not bad.  The textures may not be up to LES or Carenado standards, but the flight model is a good as it gets....and you can't beat the price.  And they're super frame rate friendly!

Edited by steven winslow
  • Upvote 1

I admit I like photorealistic textures as much as the next guy, but when it comes to flying a model that "feels" and flies like the real thing, I jump into one of Jason's Pipers.  I'll be real world flying a freshly painted Cherokee this Friday morning with a friend of mine.  I'll post some pics this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I suppose I need to clarify exactly what I'm looking for. For it to be worth my time to work with someone on this, (whether the product be free or payware) it needs to match precisely, inside and out, the real Cherokee. And since I would intend it to be a training tool, it needs to fly like the real thing to the same level of detail.

Take for example the DHC-2 Beaver being worked on by Pete at SoulMade, he has an excellent 3D model and also promises a true to life flight model. I figure with all the wonderful devs and dev teams here at X-Pilot, someone who does light GA (or wants to start) will eventually need a new project. 

Thanks for reading, 

NR

• Upvote 1