[SOLVED] 1.4.5 installation issue

hobofat

Greetings,

I don't know why it took me so long (months) to notice that there is a 1.4.5 update, I just activated 1.4.4 a couple days ago!

I'm trying to install 1.4.5, and when I get to the part where the option to uninstall the prior version pops up, it's asking me if I wish to uninstall the X-Aviation DC-3 and all of its components, rather than the CRJ-200.

Thanks in advance for your assistance, can provide further details including proof of purchase.

Hi Cameron,

I removed the DC-3 uninstaller out of the X-Plane folder and the result is still an error message, which reads:

There has been an error.

The UNINST~1.dat file cannot be found and is required to uninstall the application, aborting

The CRJ-200 uninstall app and .dat file, however, are in the folder. I use CCleaner to clean my registry, could that have messed with things?

Update:

My voodoo computer needs to chill-out a little it seems. I noticed that when I removed the DC-3 uninstall my registry cleaner program showed that there was a missing "uninstall" something or other related to the DC-3. Put it back, and it didn't show up in the scan. I pulled out the CRJ-200 uninstaller, and sure enough the cleaner program popped up with an "missing" uninstaller for the CRJ-200. So I put it back, thinking I just debunked my theory about the registry issue.

But then, like MAGIC, the 1.4.5 install program successfully uninstalled 1.4.4 and installed 1.4.5.

So, the problem was entirely with my computer being nuts, sorry you had to scan all the code :( I confirmed the issue multiple time yesterday before posting a support thread, and experienced it again today twice before I managed to fix it simply by removing and the putting back the uninstall files in the exact same spot.