Fokker 70/100

Rafael Fernandez

Rafael to get rid of that dip in the nose you must have straight lines going from the nose cone to the windscreen frame.

When I start the nose of a airliner I build the windscreen shape first, then I start meshing the nose area.

The best way for you to get rid of that "dip" is to delete all of the lines that are shaped like the orange line I high lighted.

If you take a look at the Starship I made the mesh simple so that I work less to get the finial result. The lines that are yellow flow straight to the window frame. Most aircraft are set up this way. There are a couple that have that odd looking dip between the nose and the window frame.

If you look in these two photos you can see the line. The red line i have outline is a little exaggerated to show how the line should flow.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emirates/Fokker-100-(F-28-0100)/1617994/L/&sid=b9d6ec96a5f4491f25acd7480ac32b57

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Avianca-(SAM-Colombia)/Fokker-100-(F-28-0100)/1615866/L/&sid=b9d6ec96a5f4491f25acd7480ac32b57

post-156-131369574815_thumb.jpg

post-156-131369574831_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Raphael, I've been watching your work for a while and a lot on the last renders you posted look quite nice.

However, I do think you can get too eager to 'get it done'.

I hope you look both at what's right and what could be improved with this aircraft and take heed of gilbenl. There are F70/100s out there. Slow down, make the best version you can rather than rush a model out. Put out a quality model and rise above the crowd.

More than anything, this is a good practice project. If a section goes wrong, remake it. This gives the same experience (even better focused) than moving on to the next aircraft and will make a better name for yourself.

Just look at Goran :)

Looking forward to this release.

• 1 month later...