LES DC-3 Manx

hobofat

Here is Leading Edge Simulation's DC-3 in a Manx Airlines livery. This is entirely fictional as while the Isle of Man's original Manx Airlines (1947-58) appears to have had some DC-3 flights over the summer holiday period, I think they were borrowed from other airlines. They primarily flew the Rapide. I can't find too many sources so I'm not entirely clear.

Second, the livery itself is an adaptation of the second reincarnation of Manx Airlines (1982-2002). One reason I can't wait for the Saab 340 release, is that they flew one between 1987-88.

Why this livery? I've always wanted to go there. I think it's a sharp livery. And it looks good on the DC-3. Also, I don't have a ton of time for flying, and there are a lot of nice short routes around the U.K. and Ireland centering on IOM. At the end of the day, like most little boys, I still like to pretend I'm a real captain flying for an airline and this just happens to suit my fancy!

post-608-0-66437400-1338091035_thumb.jpgpost-608-0-40257700-1338091054_thumb.jpgpost-608-0-43936400-1338091077_thumb.jpg

Took the kids to the River Blackwater Estuary on the Essex Coast UK today for a splash about. We were admiring a sombre looking Old Thames Sailing Barge some quarter mile away with a full set of brown sails making its way upstream when an equally sombre very dark DC-3 flew over it some 500 feet up---& my Poxy Camera was in the car!!!!

C'est la Vie--she was a beaute and the kids recognised her immediately from the LES Douglas they've watched me fly so often in the lounge--and the engines purr was spot on.

Edited by edwin
  • Upvote 2