CRJ200 Startup problem.

jpark2

I have just bought the CRJ200 and I cannot get the primary flight instruments to light up. I have read the tutorial, completed the check list and yet when I put it on external power, throw the battery switch and operate the DC button, the primary instruments stay dark. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to re-load the file?

After further investigation it appears you purchased this product elsewhere than X-Aviation.com. This section of the forums is for customers who have purchased from X-Aviation, so please utilize the support systems available from your original place of purchase.

More than welcome to hang around X-Pilot and enjoy the rest of the forums, however!

Same for me :-/ I have install CRJ on XP9 and XP10. XP10 doesnt show primary 2 displays. Registration went succesfully. Even when I deleted it from XP9, it still doesnt work right :-/ Sorry I never read license agreement or such a things. I will use it only on one XP version if it is a problem.

Same for me :-/ I have install CRJ on XP9 and XP10. XP10 doesnt show primary 2 displays. Registration went succesfully. Even when I deleted it from XP9, it still doesnt work right :-/ Sorry I never read license agreement or such a things. I will use it only on one XP version if it is a problem.

It is not a problem at all to run it on two versions of X-Plane. This is completely within your right.

The problem you are likely facing is memory exhaustion. We have seen this a number of times across various products now with X-Plane 10. It's a very hefty 32-bit application and some systems just aren't cutting it any longer without the 64-bit functionality. Basically, X-Plane will shut down functions or plug-ins in an effort to keep itself running.

You may want to try lowering the resolution of your textures in X-Plane. Try setting it to "low" in the X-Plane resolution settings menu. If this does not work, re-name your Custom Scenery folder to 'Custom Scenery_old', and create a new, empty folder titled 'Custom Scenery'.

Just for our information, can you please also list the system specs for the machine this is running on?

Sure, my specification is i5 sandy bridge, 8gb RAM, GF 560Ti, Win7 64b. Indeed it was a problem. I removed custom genereted osm data scenery with autogen on totaly insane and ortofoto map. Now it works properly. Thank you very much for you help. Now I am looking forward to 64b version of Xplane.

Sure, my specification is i5 sandy bridge, 8gb RAM, GF 560Ti, Win7 64b. Indeed it was a problem. I removed custom genereted osm data scenery with autogen on totaly insane and ortofoto map. Now it works properly. Thank you very much for you help. Now I am looking forward to 64b version of Xplane.

No problem. Glad we got this sorted! :)

Sorry for raising the problem, I should have read the small print! It is the only software I have known which will accept any serial numbers you wish to enter and accept them! It works fine when the correct serial numer is inserted. Also sorry for using the wrong forum.

• 1 month later...

Hi Cameron,

I just bought and installed the latest version of Xplane and the CRJ200, looks like a great piece of work. Unfortunately I have the same problem with the PFD and the MFD not being visible; I tried to turn them on by switching on the brightness on the lighting panel just above the wiper switch but I cannot operate the switch although it shows I should be able to with the circle and + - symbols (the brightness increases on the Integ switch next to it).

It seems that there are a few others with a similar problem, I purchased a new computer to run it on as well so the speed and memory should be easily sufficeint, any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Hi, Stuart,

Post #5 is where you should be directing your attention in this topic. Unfortunately, new computer or not, it is not the save-all to our problems! The fact that we are running a 32-bit application (X-Plane) is our problem. 64-bit is around the corner, but until then we are limited by the resources of a 32-bit application unable to use all of the memory we have in our computers these days.

This problem is sporadic at best. We have a ton more people that do NOT have this problem than one's that we do, but in all cases so far we have seen this ONLY happens in X-Plane 10 and with computers facing memory exhaustion due to many factors (including, but not limited to too high or rendering settings or scenery load). Please direct your attention to post #5 here and give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated my other post on this where it appeared (in my case) the PFDs (my post has MFD listed) the Gizmo plugin in the Resources\plugins folder was causing the problem. Not saying that it is the problem, but at least my first attempt after moving the folder out of the plugins the displays did light in a heavy scenery area (KEWR).

• 3 months later...

Hi Cameron,

I am switching from e-mail to the forum

Still the same problem here, can't get PFD and MFD working. Followed your instructions in post #5 but no improvement.

Could it be that I 'll have to invest into a more up to date video card? But for now I would like to explore every other possibility

to solve this issue, as I had no previous problems with this card.

Core i7 860 2.86 RAM 4GB NIVIDA GTX275 896 MB Windows 7 64 Flying X-Plane 10.11

That video card is very likely the problem! A 275 is very "small" for X-Plane 10 use, especially driving what you're trying to achieve.

One thing you could do...test the CRJ in X-Plane 9 (free demo available on X-Plane.com). If this works for you, then you pretty much know what the problem is. :)

• 3 months later...