Carenado's Seneca

edwin

BUGS?? This beautiful plane seems to be eating up the fps when the GPU the -x8core CPU and memory are all doing fine? Closing her down is causing X-Plane to freeze and the only way out seems to be via the Task manager.

Never experienced this with any other plane from any source including Carenado of which I have the entire collection to date. (Strangely enough the Bonanza v35 is hitting the resources harder but holding high fps and never freezes on closure?) Anyone else finding problems with her?

Cheers

Mind attaching your log.txt so we can take a look at the errors? Sounds like some kind of plugin conflict. Just a guess.

Also, you might want to post your observation in the support forum at the org. You'll most likely get Dan's attention there a lot faster than here.

Edited by steven winslow

Sure Steve gladly. The logs refer to x2 seperate installations of X-Plane on this same computer--one has Gizzmo--the other not. (I've had conflicts with Gizzmo but never concerning Carenados planes--in fact this is the first time I've had any sign of a problem with any of them) The problems/oddities were the same on both installs.

The Org's out I'm afraid--like so many others I dared have an opinion-thus upset God- thus Castration was inevitable-Ouch!! (My Vet say's they'll grow back with a good watering of 'Fisons Evergreen 80' though!!)

Cheers Steven.

Log.txt

Log.txt

Nah, a pinch of Mercurochrome will fix that right up.

Wasn't that part of a Buddy Hacket routine, something about a self-circumcision kit... All it is, is a household fan with no guard on it. Just a little brrrrr... And whoa there you go. A pinch of Mercurochrome and your good to go.

First of all, Gizmo and SASL do not play well together so that's a no-brainer on the Gizmo installed system. ( see here: https://carenado.zendesk.com/entries/21353631-are-there-any-plug-ins-known-to-conflict-with-carenado-s-new-generation-sasl-plug-ins-in-pa34-seneca )

Secondly, the Seneca is not V10 supported....yet. There is a notice to that effect on Carenado's website. As for the Seneca causing X-Plane to freeze, to me it looks like your Colani Fanliner is the culprit rather than the Seneca, but that's just after an initial look. I'll forward your log.txt's on to Dan and maybe he can shed some more light on them.

Here's the link to Carenado's support page:

https://carenado.zendesk.com/home

You can submit a request here:

https://carenado.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Cheers all. Had already heard that it was not v10 perfect but bought it knowing it would be sorted. It's definitely not the Fanliner--that was opened up last of all just as a comparison check against the resource usage--she eats so little juice & runs at around 85-95fps. The Gizmo business cannot be the problem as one of those Logs is from a Gizmo free install--it's just not there nor are any of Camerons planes that depend on it. Its a new plane and a new issue--reporting it will get people onto it like you guys are and thanks. Will try the route from Carenado's posting when I get back today-thanks all.

Nah the Mercurochrome's out Eagle--my boy swears he's just seen a squirrel legging it across the garden with my nuts!!

Edited by edwin