Some more previews

Cameron

As nice as this looks, it would be nice with some shots from 1000 to 1500 to really get the idea how sharp the images are. Sharp images from experience is extra important with city images that has lot of detail which is why I hope for addons to this product, for example the city of San Francisco with higher resolution. With

that said I really look forward to Nor Cal, and even more so So Cal whenever that will be available. By the way the city of Los Angeles absolutely will need high res images or it will look very blurry. Very good idea to do California. As someone wrote earlier many fly online in the area.

Any idea when we will see So Cal and some high res addon for Nor Cal (if at all)

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

Those shots weren't posted simply because I did a VATSIM flight with the intention of not doing low-city fly by's. :)

I'm sure we'll get some low altitude shots up here sometime, and our bay area imagery as it stands is pretty hi-res. We WILL have add-on hi-res packages available for those that wish to take it a step further the same day, or right around, release day. They will be in the similar fashion of the Arizona HR series seen here:

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=48

and here:

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=47

SOCAL will see the light of day...soon. :o

Thanks for your interest!

Hi Mike,

Glad you like the Arizona High-res scenery. It's a lot of fun to fly with this scenery in X-Plane. My goal is to create the same type of scenery for the new Northern California package as well. I am currently working on two areas:

1. San Francisco Bay Area that will cover both the City of San Francisco, the South Bay, and East Bay. This will include a lot of airports including the three major air-carrier airports of San Francisco (KSFO), Oakland (KOAK), and San Jose (KSJC).

2. Sacramento metro area that will cover the capital city of the state of California. All of the major Sacramento airports will be covered in this high-res scenery including Sacramento International (KSMF) and Sacramento Executive (KSAC) among others.

I will get some screen shots posted as soon as the images have been processed an brought into X-Plane.

A quick question. Are roads identified as roads so that x-plane default cars traffic these in the photoscenery or do we have to be without traffic on the photoscenery roads?

How about water, is the lakes, rivers etc cut out of the photos so that we get real x-plane water for these areas or are they photoscenery waters (just what is there on the image)

Very much starting to look forward to my first realscenery purchase!

Mike

Mike,

All of the X-Plane water is used to "cut" into the imagery. In most places, the water aligns very well with the imagery. The X-Plane water will provide all of the same reflection effects as you have in the default scenery. Also, this will allow you to land on water in the sim if you happen to fly sea-planes. If you check out some of the gallery shots on X-Aviation or in the other RealScenery postings here on X-Pilot, you may be able to see some examples of how water is treated in the simulator. There are also a couple of HD movies that are linked both here and at RealScenery.com where you can see the water as well.

The roads, as well as all other default 3D objects, are also included if you wish to fly with them. Personally, I always leave these off because I would rather see the roads and buildings in the imagery, than the X-Plane roads and buildings. However, if you're flying at night, you may want to turn them on.

Hope this helps.