How can I see the entire panel/dash?

I just purchased X-plane 10 and this bothers me. I would like to see everything on the dash in my view. I only see the top half of the left side section of the panel/dash in front of me and have to arrow down or look right and arrow down to access controls on some planes. I tried different settings and couldnt find anythiing that would show it all. Please help me figure this out. Thanks..

It did this for all the aircraft I played around with. I will try again this week sometime and get more detailed info about the issue and post back. btw.. Is there an aircraft you know for sure setting the FOV larger, will show more of the panel? This way I can compare apples to apples. Thanks for your help.

When I first started flying Sims I was always behind the aircraft like so many that have come around to try it out since. Logic got the better of me eventually (& common sense) & I started flying from the pilots seat but with the FOV turned up so high I had a tiny panel & could see out of the windows left-front-right (Completely alien perspective). All commands were basically allocated to the Saitek X52

I slowly began to use the 3D panel controls & set the nav using the mouse as a hand & apart from the Joystick controls-Trims-throttle-Flaps and landing gear I neaded little else to be programmed on the X52. It meansI have learned to 'fly' each plane individually for each plane is very individual apart from the 'major six'.

This saw me with a panel perspective not unfamiliar to what is X-Planes opening default which few seem to be comfortable with at the begining.I estimated my head position by turning the view to ensure my head rested on the head rest-that the joystick/column was in the 'Real' position and that perspective was correct. (This really does leave you very close to the default setting!! & I have checked it in real cockpits) We ideally need three monitors for near perfection but a large widescreen and Trakir5 Pro set up correctly is about as close as you can get to the real thing and the brain rapidly compromise's to fill in any defects--personally I cannot fly without it now--it's just not real--and trakir brings out the best of X-Planes HDR & 3D shadowing too.

Apart from the computer,screen & mouse it is definitely one of X-Planes major must haves. Edwin

Pilot view does not need track IR "There is a misinterpretation that this is a Track IR plugin first and foremost.

It is not and if it was it would be called TrackIR something or other.

This plugin was designed to allow the pilot head to be positioned in a 3D cockpit.

That is why there is a plugin for Windows. Linux and OSX.

Because I had a Track IR 4 device I added support for windows as that is my main Flight Sim OS.

This was straightforward as I had the Natural Point SDK, which only supports windows.

So this plugin only has Track IR support on windows.

Please do not email me about Track IR for Linux or OSX.

Thanks." http://www.xpluginsdk.org/pilot_view.htm I use this with my Hatswitch to move through out the cockpit . I also use the forces feature as I find it more controlable than the Cinema Verite setting in Xplane. Pilot view allows you to position your view of the cockpit to your liking and it saves your settings per aircraft everytime you load the aircraft and enable Pilot view it will switch to your prefered view and forces setting for that aircraft . In Xplane 10 you will have to manually switch to comand view as pilot view defalts to mouse view when enabled . If you have your Hat switch set for panning the cockpit.

Thanks for putting me straight on that one Larjeet, I have indeed been under the misconception that it was a plugin designed around Trakir & the like & used to use it in v9. However with the initial conflicts with v10 (Or v10 with Pilot view as I have been informed) I stopped using it and haven't gone back as I tend to get a 'Jittery' screen sometimes with it in v10. Always found the Forces feature effects a little to strong for my comfort but really love X-Planes 'Cinema Veritie' Thanks again

Interesting--theres a difference how trakir5 centres between v9 & v10. without Pilot view. I was just flying v9 for the first time in weeks doing some of the endless comparison checks (Sure we've all been at it) Same plane same aeroport. v9 needs adjustment when Trakir started up as view does not centre.(One of the reasons I started using Pilot View originally) v10 on the other hand seems to centre me in the pilots seat & at a perfect position. I've noticed this since first using v10 but it's the first time I've directly compared it. Works for all aircraft too. Worth noting.