Electronic supplies...switches and knobs....GIANT selection

tkyler

Good old Mouser they have been around for years lots of goodies for Ham operators to :) One of my other hobbies unfortunatly I live in an appartment so My radios are stored away . But I would like to build my own cockpit equipment someday I love soldering and kit building it would be a good way to combine the two!!

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

I had a devastating moment coming home yesterday and realising I have only five 10ohm panel-mount rotary potentiometers, when my next project clearly needs eight. I will be placing a foolishly large order now...

update: foolish indeed. Ordered about £25-worth of assorted wire, and another £25 of rotary and toggle switches and 25 panel-mount 10kOhm pots, just enough to breach the £50 threshold and qualify for free shipping. Precisely half a second after pressing 'order', realised it was exclusive of VAT and the actual price to me was £60. A thousand curses on the government of John Major for signing the Maastrict Treaty of 1992, making it illegal for the UK government to remove VAT or set it to 0%.

Then I realised I can't get parcels delivered to the flats I'm staying in. I'm hoping I can email them before they ship. They won't be /that/ fast I hope...

The amount of money I've spent on electronics since discovering Teensy, I could have just bought a top-flight PC instead and turned up the texture resolution and read the switch legends. Instead of thinking it would be cheaper to build my own panel components. Cleverness!

Edited by Dozer