No LNAV nor VNAV

Nados

Hiya,

I recently upgraded to XP12 and upgraded my old IXEG 73 to the new one. I'm coming across a big issue for me tho. Might be skill issue, might be a bug. Whenever I'm setting up my flight, the FMC doesn't calculate altitudes for VNAV, indicating VNAV is not going to work. I did the init ref page etc., still nothing. After take off I can't enable LNAV, and pressing VNAV tells me "perf/vnav unavailable". Any ideas? 

Much appreciated!

image.png

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

Check your routing for discontinuities and also check if there is a waypoint in the descent part of your flightplan that has a mandatory altitude (like the destination runway). That is a prerequisite for the FMS to calculate a path.

No discons, I entered star and approach and they had descent altitudes part of the procedures. This all happens with every airport/route

Huh, that is weird - but it is super hard to troubleshoot something like that on a forum - you said that you filled out the PERF init page correctly, that would have been my next guess.

Maybe you can follow some tutorial on youtube that details how to fill out the FMS in the IXEG and see if you get it to work if you do the very same thing that is shown in the video. Just google "IXEG 737 FMS tutorial" and you will see several offings.

37 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Huh, that is weird - but it is super hard to troubleshoot something like that on a forum - you said that you filled out the PERF init page correctly, that would have been my next guess.

Maybe you can follow some tutorial on youtube that details how to fill out the FMS in the IXEG and see if you get it to work if you do the very same thing that is shown in the video. Just google "IXEG 737 FMS tutorial" and you will see several offings.

Yeah I followed several tutorials and they are just as I always do it, I've flown the aircraft many times before so I think (I hope) I do everything right.

For now I'll reinstall it again, see if that works. Strange, because it all works for most people. 

Thanks for the help anyway :D

Thought you might want to know that I too have experienced the  the same VNAV issues as @Nados. Most of the time when I enter a flight plan into the FMC the altitude restrictions are incorporated into the legs page. But sometimes the altitude restrictions are missing. It's not mentioned in any of the previous posts, but I get my Nav updates from a Navigraph subscription. I point the Navigraph  FMS updater to the X-Plane 12\Aircraft\ X-Aviation\IXEG  727 Classic Plus as suggested here.  

However, I see no information when I look into the IXEG "fmc_data" folder.

I'll use a flight from KMCI to KMDW for an example.  ROYAL1 ARENZ  IRK ENDEE6 

ENDEE6 has many flight and speed restrictions.

Anybody else having this issue or can you see if I am doing something wrong?  I have tried this in the Zibo 737-800 (which I have a screenshot of) and have no issues, The restrictions problems there, and yes I completed the  performance page BEFORE the flight route page and filled in all the information.

Buy the way, its worth mentioning, this aircraft flies great. I hand fly this model a lot on departures and arrivals below 10,000 feet and when I'm not using online ATC. 

Thank you.

Screenshot (40).png

5155591_Screenshot(34).png

192395811_Screenshot(35).png

1521478409_Screenshot(41).png

• Like 1