Project 3

Goran_M

Yeah! two or three weeks is definatly on target. I am used to "on target" being for about four years in the MSFS world when talking about addon developement. Airsimmer A320 has been on the "finishline" ,"soon there" for 4,5 years! haha

I think the Saab will be a great addon and as i love 3d cockpits i will buy every plane for X-plane that has one!

Hello!

I found this project just one week ago, and I'm glad to see thet the release date is early march. It is realy good job, but...I have some questions...

What about the systems? Are they programmed so well that I can take real acft documentation and start engines like it is wroten there? Are your project is tested by real pilots, who fly this aircraft?

And, of course, more...more screens!:)))

Hello!

I found this project just one week ago, and I'm glad to see thet the release date is early march. It is realy good job, but...I have some questions...

What about the systems? Are they programmed so well that I can take real acft documentation and start engines like it is wroten there? Are your project is tested by real pilots, who fly this aircraft?

And, of course, more...more screens!:)))

What I have tried to achieve with this project is to bring an aircraft into x plane in a short time with as many features as possible. 

Yes, there are some features that will not be added to it (custom programming for the displays) but these are simple diagnostics messages that give information to the pilots about the aircraft.

There is also a function unique to the Saab called "CTOT". 

Basically (Very basically) what this does is maintain engine thrust on take off.  The pilot advances the throttles to approximately 80% take off power and the CTOT system takes over by adding fuel to the engines and making sure the engines stabilize at the correct take off setting.  Kind of like a TOGA function in an airliner.

I guess it could be modelled with out of the box datarefs but it would not be as accurate as a custom job.

Basically, a large majority of what is available in the real Saab will be available in this one.

I still have to have it tested by 3 Saab pilots and they each have different systems but we're not at that point yet.

I can speak for myself, though.

My specs:

Windows 7

Intel E6750 Dual Core CPU

4GB RAM

Nvidia 9800GT 1GB DDR VRAM

All x plane enhancements at max.

AA at 4x

Anisotropic at 16x

And I'm getting around 30fps occasionally dipping to 20-24 around a highly detailed airport like YSSY (freeware version from x-plane.org) running at 1280x1024 resolution.

I still have to have it tested by 3 Saab pilots and they each have different systems but we're not at that point yet.

I can speak for myself, though.

My specs:

Windows 7

Intel E6750 Dual Core CPU

4GB RAM

Nvidia 9800GT 1GB DDR VRAM

All x plane enhancements at max.

AA at 4x

Anisotropic at 16x

And I'm getting around 30fps occasionally dipping to 20-24 around a highly detailed airport like YSSY (freeware version from x-plane.org) running at 1280x1024 resolution.

This sounds about good considering that I get about 30-40 fps (with a complicated obj-based plane) on my older MBP with all the X-Plane settings set a default.

Have you optimized the model yet? Just curious...

It's about as optimized as it can get.  I did give it the once over before getting it UV mapped.  Theo gets very angry if I change something once he's uv mapped it.  It means UV mapping that object all over again and he has had to give in and do it a few times.

Can u give precise release date?

I've learnt the hard way, it is impossible to give precise release dates unless the developer is 100% satisfied the project is complete.  Then he/she can say the add on will be released at a precise date and time.  In every project, there is always something to add/fix.

The Saab is now completely out of my hands and in the hands of the person doing the animations and while that is being done, Theo is working on the night lighting textures.