IXEG is not usable in apple silicon with latest Gizmo Avionics

juan267

• 4 months later...

Yes, thanks for that!  I bought my M1 Max in 2021.  I just bought the 737 Plus, and you can't get it to run on my machine without resorting back to rosetta?  Your last post is Nov 23 and still no update.  Why am I mad?  Here is why:

System Requirements

Simulator: X-Plane 12. Not compatible with X-Plane 11.

Operating Systems: MacOS 12+ (at least Monterey) or Windows 10+

Recommended: Modern CPU with 4+ Cores (3 GHz+), 16+ GB RAM, NVIDIA or AMD with 4+ GB VRAM.

While the aircraft may operate on computers below this specification, we do not guarantee it.

No mention of not compatible with M1 or M2s 

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat as WagnerTenor.  I can't tell you how many hours I've fussed with this and tried to fix it.  I even emailed Cameron at X-Aviation 6 months ago with the specifics of my system and got no response.  They couldn't be bothered to tell me the problem was that this software was incompatible with my hardware!  

I finally found this in the log file (the error message it generated about VRCONFIG was ZERO help and had me chasing my tail for hours):

dlerror:dlopen(/Users/bobv/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/mac_x64/Gizmo64.plugin.xpl, 0x0006): tried: '/Users/bobv/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/mac_x64/Gizmo64.plugin.xpl' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e' or 'arm64'))

Now I find out why.  Unacceptable.

Edited by bvehorn

3 hours ago, bvehorn said:

I even emailed Cameron at X-Aviation 6 months ago with the specifics of my system and got no response.

There is no support ticket number under your name or e-mail address in our system. Please provide that ticket number so I can investigate what happened there.

They couldn't be bothered to tell me the problem was that this software was incompatible with my hardware!

It's not incompatible. You may run X-Plane under Rosetta and use the IXEG without issue.

Sir, thank you for the reply.  We exchanged emails on Nov 11 about issues I had downloading the installer, which were resolved.  When I was unable to use the plane, I replied to the email chain on Dec 6 with my issue and details about my system.  If that was not the correct way to request support, no one told me.

I've installed Rosetta and am still not able to use the plane.  Is there another step?  Clean XP-12 installation and only IXEG 737 1.5.2 added.  What am I missing?  I'm still getting the same error previously reported.

Well, Hallelujah!  Thank you, Pils!  (I did try to apply Rosetta to the Gizmo64 file, but not XP-12.)

Why was that so hard?  I shouldn't need to be a Mac Power User to run a piece of commercial 'shrink-wrap' software.  I strongly suggest including these instructions with the installer.

I've enjoyed this plane in XP-11 and now look forward to more fun with it in XP-12.  

We exchanged emails on Nov 11 about issues I had downloading the installer, which were resolved.  When I was unable to use the plane, I replied to the email chain on Dec 6 with my issue and details about my system.  If that was not the correct way to request support, no one told me.

You replied to a newsletter, which is not using a support email and is hardly monitored. Our contact page has both a form or instructions to send an email to our support address. The fact you waited so long, while a testament to patience, is also on you for not actually attempting to contact us through the most obvious method any other customer uses.

1 hour ago, bvehorn said:

Why was that so hard?  I shouldn't need to be a Mac Power User to run a piece of commercial 'shrink-wrap' software.

It wasn't. It was a get info box and a checkbox selection. :) That certainly shouldn't be considered a power user, I hope!

1 hour ago, bvehorn said:

Sure, easy enough if you know what to do. :)  But Rosetta?  I'd barely heard of it before today, and all I remember is that Apple dropped it years ago.

Minor correction. They introduced it. They dropped Intel CPUs. :)