After a few not completed flights

Debowing

I found it works for me to use the classic version with the original Sperry and VOR to VOR navigation.

The aircraft will make snake patterns in the sky and needs constant monitoring and fiddling of the Sperry to maintain VOR heading.

Furthermore, each variant/livery must be as per loaded saved and activated in advance. '

This plane is full hands on and reflects the mastery of those pilots of old days.

I managed twice to ditch it in the sea (due to fuel empty) and once a nose down crash landing.( for some reason my flaps wouldn't extend.) Probably the hydraulic levers. but the wheels did extend.

Anyway, it is challenging. You can't do two things at once and that mistake may be fatal.

My scroll wheel zooming seems not to work well or delayed. I think this is a XP12 issue that I have noticed with other add on aircraft as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Debowing said:

I found it works for me to use the classic version with the original Sperry and VOR to VOR navigation.

The aircraft will make snake patterns in the sky and needs constant monitoring and fiddling of the Sperry to maintain VOR heading.

Furthermore, each variant/livery must be as per loaded saved and activated in advance. '

This plane is full hands on and reflects the mastery of those pilots of old days.

I managed twice to ditch it in the sea (due to fuel empty) and once a nose down crash landing.( for some reason my flaps wouldn't extend.) Probably the hydraulic levers. but the wheels did extend.

Anyway, it is challenging. You can't do two things at once and that mistake may be fatal.

My scroll wheel zooming seems not to work well or delayed. I think this is a XP12 issue that I have noticed with other add on aircraft as well.

Completely agree - you really have to fly it - no "feet up, tray table out" here! I had to make a deadstick landing one time - forgot to monitor fuel levels, left engine died, sudden yaw to the right which got may attention, then the right died too, and by the time I'd checked the tanks it was too low to restart them, but managed to get the gear and flaps down and landed in a field!

• Like 2