Can not Quit X-Plane 12 With IXEG 737 Classic Plus

Mac-man

Guys,

With the most current system on my iMac (13.5.2) using X-Plane 12 (12.06r3) and  IXEG 737 Classic Plus, I can not quit the application without a "Force Quit". I get the beach ball and it says that X-Plane is not responding. This happened with my previous IXEG 737 using X-Plane 11. I had hoped that the using both new versions it would correct itself. Using any of the X-Plane aircraft the application quits normally.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Phil

Hello Phil,

The issue you're experiencing, where X-Plane hangs upon exit when certain plugins or add-ons are active, is a known issue and has been observed not just with IXEG but with other third-party content as well on Mac systems.

We believe the root of the problem lies within how X-Plane manages plugins during the shutdown process. We've communicated this with the Laminar Research team, and we're hoping for a resolution in future updates of X-Plane.

For the time being, the only workaround is the "Force Quit" that you mentioned, which we understand is not ideal. We're keeping an eye on this situation and hope it can be resolved soon.

• Like 1

Same. Frequently I'll get the rotating beachball on exiting XP12 (12.07r1 and earlier versions; beta channel enabled, 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Ventura 13.5.2) and need to force quit XP. Concur with Cameron's comments regarding plug-in/add-on involved. I see it more often when I've been working with X-Camera and then go to quit XP. No attribution to X-Camera for the issue intended.

Hugh