OnAir Company Integration

bull12001

Good morning.

To start, I'm in love with this plane!  The immersion is amazing.  My first Hotstart experience was the XP11 TBM900 and I didn't think it could get any more in depth.  Then this plane happens!

The only hang-ups I'm having is that the flap position is not able to be read by OnAir Company which is a career simulator add-on for multiple simulator platforms.  I am also receiving incorrect start of stall and end of stall penalties.  Feedback from a technical ticket with OnAir is that they use "sim/flightmodel2/controls/flaphandledeploy_ratio" and "sim/flightmodel/failures/stallwarning" XP12 variables to read the flaps and stall values from the sim.  Is the Challenger linked to these two variables?  If not, is it possible for it to be so that OnAir can properly interpret flaps and stall state?  I really don't want to turn off the 'realistic procedures in simulator' option in OnAir.  That is the entire point of 'simulation'!

Thanks for any help you can offer.  Keep up the great work!

I am a volunteer, and the developers are either busy or unavailable. Sorry about that.

As far as OnAir goes, I find them relying on the physical position of the cockpit controls of default systems to be rather dubious, to be honest. Firstly, maybe not every aircraft is using the default flap control, and secondly, that doesn't correspond to the actual position of the flaps on the wing, which seems to be what they should actually be caring about.

I think a more versatile and reliable solution would be for OnAir to allow the source of these signals to be configurable on a per-addon basis. I believe there are DataRefs in the Challenger that could be used, but copying these back to the X-Plane defaults wouldn't be priority at the moment. I can look at passing the suggestion onto the developer, but to be frank, you'd be better off looking for another way to make this work (custom Lua script, etc.).

Thanks.

Edited by Pils

• 2 months later...