What's that format on the MFD?

bpcw0001

Hi,

in the Proline21 Advanced fact sheet, a picture like this can be found:

Proline21_advanced.thumb.png.21d3f62604f693c3dd1e09aea6242a52.png

The MFD seems to show some kind of 3D representation of the flight path.

Is this a gimmick, or is this feature really being used a lot by RW Challenger pilots?

Can our Hot Start Challenger do this? :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's an option to the Proline 21.  Our CL350 has it.  We use if we're reviewing a climb via or descend via clearance, and sometimes while monitoring the vertical flight track while climbing or descending.  It's similar to Boeing's vertical situation display, but it does not have terrain information. 

Rich Boll

On 7/5/2023 at 12:17 AM, richjb said:

It's an option to the Proline 21.  Our CL350 has it.  We use if we're reviewing a climb via or descend via clearance, and sometimes while monitoring the vertical flight track while climbing or descending.  It's similar to Boeing's vertical situation display, but it does not have terrain information. 

Rich Boll

Cool. Thanks for the info!
I wonder how many operators have that option.

Edited by bpcw0001

On 7/12/2023 at 10:25 AM, bpcw0001 said:

Cool. Thanks for the info!
I wonder how many operators have that option.

I've spoken with CAE and FSI regarding how many operators have it, and the consistent answer is "not many".  CAE is the only one that actually has this option in the CL300 or CL350 simulator, and i believe that it is installed in only one of the simulators. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 5:42 PM, richjb said:

I've spoken with CAE and FSI regarding how many operators have it, and the consistent answer is "not many".  CAE is the only one that actually has this option in the CL300 or CL350 simulator, and i believe that it is installed in only one of the simulators. 

Thanks for providing this information. Much appreciated!