SR22 Entegra crashes XP12

Doelittle63

Hi everyone

After an absence to XPlane for a while, I wanted to take the SR22 in XPlane 12 into the skies again today.

The plane loads into the airport fine. After ±15sec xplane crashes to desktop

Have not managed to make a flight after a dozen attempts -:(

Version 2.0.1 in steam version of XPlane12 (12.05, Vulkan)

This is what I have tried so far:

-Enabled/disable zink.

-All xplane 12setting sliders to the left

-Tried different sub versions of the aircraft

-No failures in ac menu

-Tried to start up with engines running.

At this point pretty desperate, as I have no clue where to look, where this comes from.

I did notice that both MFD light up for 1 sec and then go blank. A few seconds later XPlane crashes to desktop.

This is also the case when starting the plane at a Rwy 

Highly appreciate any help to get the plane into the skies in XPlane12

Thanks in advance

John

Btw:

-Reinstalled the plane into XPlane11 (Steam version). V1.2 works fine. No CTD there

-Found some config files specific for this plane. They specificly state NOT to edit, so I just post them here. For troubleshooting purpose?

Log.txt

NA_AV_State.txt TN_AV_State.txt

Edited by Doelittle63

Thnx for response.

I manually removed the following folders and 1 file out of the \resources\plugins folder:

-ASXPConnect12

-AviTab

-SAM

-Traffic Global

-NavigraphSimlink_64.xpl

Hope it is okay to not use their respective uninstallers.

The only 2 plugins that are in place are Gizmo64 and Show Plugin admin

Unfortunately the sim still crashes within 15sec after the plane is loaded.

For the moment I am only loading the plane at 1 spot , this is KSEA, holding point Rwy16L.

I tried different liveries. 

Upon the first loading of the Hili_Stars liverie, it took a while (± 5 min)before the sim crashed. I could pan around, go to spot view, back into the cockpit.

Consecutive loading of this liverie and others the sim again crashes within 15sec.

There are no problems with other AC.

I am gonna put the plugins back in place and further investigate.

Other tips/help highly appreciated

thnx

Edited by Doelittle63

Hi Pils,

wilco.

I installed the plane again in xplane 11 as I wanted to take her up in the skies.

Meanwhile it is late here in Belgium and it is time to call it a night.

I will reinstall into XPlane 12 and remove the plugins tomorrow, providing new logs here

Tnx for the follow up

John

• Like 1

Goodmorning,

as promised , here it comes.

1-redownloaded the installer from my X-Aviation account.

2-Pointed the installer to the XPlane 12 main folder. It did not remove V1.2 from XPlane 11

3-Installation okay

4-Removed manually above plug-ins, leaving in place Gizmo64 & Show Plugin Admin

5-Fired up XPlane12, entered licence data. Licence okay

6-Boem - Xplane 12 CTD

I have restarted the sim, using different startup locations/scenarios as asked and replaced the log.txt filename with a more descriptive one.

Really hope this helps solve the issue.

Tnx again for looking into this

John

Log(@EBOS-Apron-All above plugins in place-Rollon's SF260M-NO Crash).txt Log(@EBOS-Apron-Laminar's SR22-NO crash).txt Log(@EBOS-Apron-Realsimgear livery).txt Log(@EGLL-Parking spot).txt Log(@KSEA-Holding point Rwy16L).txt Log(@PMDY-Parking spot) .txt Log(@SCIP-Engines not running).txt Log(@SCIP-parking).txt Log(XPlane 11.55 Vulkan-SR22 Avidyne V1.2.0@EGLL Apron parking spot-NO crash).txt

Edited by Doelittle63

Try setting disable_mtuploader to 1 in the file settings.cfg (G:\SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 12/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22 Entegra/plugins/sr_systavi\settings\settings.cfg) and seeing if that helps. AMD graphics card drivers are notorious for behaving terribly with X-Plane in terms of compatibility, this has helped in the past.

Hi Coop,

thank you for the tip.

I have just done your advice, using Notepad ++ for editing the file.

Unfortunately the sim crashes within 10 sec after the plane is loaded. Both MFD power up but XPlane 12 crashes during this process.

I have attached the log file

Not a dev here, nor a tweaker. I have no clue what is going on, but really would like to take the plane up into XPlane 12 skies

Thank you for looking into this

John

Log.txt

Edited by Doelittle63

I have just done a new run of your installer.

The program detected the existing SR22 installation into XPlane12, and adviced to first uninstall.

After confirming the uninstalling, it went ahead and reinstalled your plane.

Some observations:

-The installer does not remove all folders during uninstallation. Is this normal?

-As long as the plane is not activated, the sim does not crash.

-After activation, it again takes 10 sec for the sim to crash

Is there a way to make sure that the plane is loaded in cold and dark state. Even after disabling 'running engines' options in the start menu, I notice that some switches are on.

Or does the CTD occur while the plane is going to Cold and dark state?

John

PS: I have loaded some default planes with 'start engines running' disabled. These planes load into the sim in cold and dark state. No transitioning to this state. So at this point I am wondering why this is not the case with the SR22

Edited by Doelittle63
Post Scriptum added

Thanks for the dump file. From analyzing it, it appears that OpenGPWS is crashing, which is responsible for MFD terrain parsing, though the reason isn't clear. I'm thinking what might be happening is that something on your machine is preventing OpenGPWS from grabbing the terrain tiles to load in, perhaps an overaggressive antivirus software or file permissions. This isn't something we've seen with others and I can't replicate it myself though.

Well, I am using Microsoft's Defender, no third party anti-virus software.

I disabled realtime scanning, and gave it another try. Still CTD upon loading ac into sim.

I am running out of ideas here.

Maybe one consideration. The whole steamlibrary is put on a NAS that is bound to the PC through iSCSI (2,5Gb network). Do not know whether this is relevant. Timing issues?

Glad however that I can take up your plane into the XPlane 11 skies :D. I certainly enjoy it there 

Anyways, a BIG thank you for looking into this

John

14 hours ago, Doelittle63 said:

Well, I am using Microsoft's Defender, no third party anti-virus software.

I disabled realtime scanning, and gave it another try. Still CTD upon loading ac into sim.

I am running out of ideas here.

Maybe one consideration. The whole steamlibrary is put on a NAS that is bound to the PC through iSCSI (2,5Gb network). Do not know whether this is relevant. Timing issues?

Glad however that I can take up your plane into the XPlane 11 skies :D. I certainly enjoy it there 

Anyways, a BIG thank you for looking into this

John

That is a potential culprit, that isn't something we have ever tested for.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey,

I bought the SR22 Entegra version today and installed it in X-Plane 12 (Windows 10 / Nivdia RTX 3080 10 GB VRAM / 32 GB RAM / i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz). X-Plane 12 is installed on D:\X-Plane 12. I use a HDD, not a SSD.

The plane was activated successfully.

Unfortunately, it will crash a few seconds after loading (shortly after the green lights on the PFD and MFD buttons light up).

Removing global plugins (of course except Gizmo) did not help.

I also tried "disable_mtuploader = 1" as was suggested earlier in this thread, but this did not help either.

It makes no difference if I load the plane cold and dark, or with running engines.

According to log.txt, it always crashes here:

2024-03-08 16:37:22 SR22TN[entegra.cpp:194]: Init Entegra
2024-03-08 16:37:22 SR22TN[entegraDraw_MFD.cpp:94]: ENTEGRA MFD Draw Init
2024-03-08 16:37:22 SR22TN[entegraDraw_MFD.cpp:131]: Creating Checklists
2024-03-08 16:37:22 SR22TN[entegraDraw_MFD.cpp:135]: Checklists Created, make worker
2024-03-08 16:37:22 SR22TN[entegraDraw_MFD.cpp:137]: Worker made, make renderer
--=={This application has crashed!}==--
--=={FILE: D:\X-Plane 12\Log_ATC.txt}==--
--=={UUID: 9e54bec2-3659-46c4-b478-f8384422ba67}==--

Attached is my log.txt and the crash dump.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Log.txt 9e54bec2-3659-46c4-b478-f8384422ba67.dmp

Edited by Mario Donick

3 hours ago, Mario Donick said:

Hey,

I bought the SR22 Entegra version today and installed it in X-Plane 12 (Windows 10 / Nivdia RTX 3080 10 GB VRAM / 32 GB RAM / i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz). X-Plane 12 is installed on D:\X-Plane 12. I use a HDD, not a SSD.

The plane was activated successfully.

Unfortunately, it will crash a few seconds after loading (shortly after the green lights on the PFD and MFD buttons light up).

Removing global plugins (of course except Gizmo) did not help.

I also tried "disable_mtuploader = 1" as was suggested earlier in this thread, but this did not help either.

It makes no difference if I load the plane cold and dark, or with running engines.

According to log.txt, it always crashes here:

Attached is my log.txt and the crash dump.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Can you send a log with disable_mtuploader set to 1? The log shows the crash occurring when the mt uploader is being attached.

50 minutes ago, Coop said:

It looks like there might be some permissions issues with your drive, where necessary files aren't being loaded in for rendering of the displays.

Hm... okay.

In the log.txt, it said

SR22TN[odb.c:517]: Error writing obstacle database refresh file D:\X-Plane 12/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/plugins/sr_systavi\resources\obsdb\Output\caches\obstacle.db\US\refresh.txt: No such file or directory

so I created the subfolder "US" in the obstacle.db folder. In the next attempt, this error did not occur anymore in log.txt, but it still crashed.

I also checked the permissions of the complete X-Aviation aircraft folder (which only includes the SR22 currently) and noticed some were set to "read-only". I set all to "read-write". However, the crash still occurs.

I have excluded the complete X-Plane 12 folder and all sub-folders from anti virus (default WIndows 10 anti virus solution), so this can also not be the reason.

Currently I am a bit clueless what else to try. Maybe the reason is that I use a HDD? Can slower reading times lead to time outs when your plugin tries to read some database files? If so, I can only try to move the plane to my external SSD (attached with USB, which helps _a bit_ usually).

I can also try to run X-Plane 12 with administrator rights, but this would be very unusual. EDIT: No difference.

Other than that, I don't know what else to do. Maybe my computer just does not want to play nicely with the Entegra. (Could the rather old CPU i5-6600 be the reason?)

Edited by Mario Donick

It is likely something computer related, the 4-thread CPU is going to be incredibly difficult on it, so I could see either that or the HDD (though more likely the CPU) being the cause of the issue. This isn't something I have been able to replicate on my end.

23 hours ago, Coop said:

It is likely something computer related, the 4-thread CPU is going to be incredibly difficult on it, so I could see either that or the HDD (though more likely the CPU) being the cause of the issue. This isn't something I have been able to replicate on my end.

Hm, okay. I was assuming the X-Plane 12 system reqs would fit the product as well, since no specific other requirements are mentioned on the shop page for the SR22 Entegra (or I did not see any).

I'll uninstall it for now but may use it at a later time. Thanks so far.

Edited by Mario Donick