Unable to get XP12 running again

Hi!

I've been using XP12 since early beta with no serious problems so far.

Today, I'm unable to start XP12 after MU2v2 installation. I've checked everything, removed every other plugin except X-Aviation's and still no success :( 

0:00:00.000 G64:  core: Gizmo64 Script Engine v21.03.16.0101 Windows
0:00:00.000 G64:  core:     built: Mar 16 2021, 01:03:58
0:00:00.000 G64:  core: X-P Folder:[I:/X-Plane 12/X-Plane 12/]
0:00:00.000 G64:  core: Sim Langauge set to: us
Loaded: I:\X-Plane 12/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/win_x64/Gizmo64.plugin.xpl (gizmo.x-plugins.com).

0:13:05.806   X-Aviation: xpl| A plugin conflict was found.
0:13:05.806   X-Aviation: xpl| Please resolve X-Plane config errors.
0:13:05.806   X-Aviation: xpl|          Name: [Gizmo64]
0:13:05.806   X-Aviation: xpl|   Description: [Script Engine v21.03.16.0101 Windows]
0:13:05.807   X-Aviation: xpl|          Path: [I:\X-Plane 12\X-Plane 12\Resources\plugins\Gizmo64.plugin\win_x64\Gizmo64.plugin.xpl]

Log.txt

17 minutes ago, Herbert said:

removed every other plugin except X-Aviation's

Hi there, when you're saying this, are you saying you had installed the beta X-Aviation plugin after the MU-2 install? This log seems pretty incomplete. Is X-Plane crashing, or what's happening here? It doesn't show that you're quitting it.

Hi there Cameron,

I've been testing SR22 in beta phase some time ago but removed it since the normal version was released. 
I've attached full log.txt and quoted last lines in my post for google ;) 
XP12 is starting as always and then, after few seconds it's CTD ("Will initialize plugins" for 1 sec.)

when you're saying this, are you saying you had installed the beta X-Aviation plugin after the MU-2 install?

Nope, just after successful, normal installation from the store's .exe file, CTD's started and I'm unable to run XP even after uninstalling MU2.

Edited by Herbert

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

As far as I remember it required Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables update but then worked fine. 
I'm installing parallel copy of XP12 now, then I will install MU2 only and we'll see if it works. 

Thanks! Keep me updated. One thing that we should eliminate is the double X-Plane 12 folder structure: X-Plane 12/X-Plane 12

It's just cleaner that way.

You have the beta “split plugins” version of gizmo/x-aviation drm installed.

The global XA drm plugin is detecting this and forcing the sim to quit.

you will need to remove xp/resources/plugins/x-aviation.plugin to resolve this quickly.

you have the option of re-reading the beta plugin install instructions to resolve this with more work and with continued use of acf-gizmo

Edited by Ben Russell
typo tidy
  • Like 1