Activation Issue CL650 - XP12.05 b3

YYZ342

MB PRO M2 MAX 32GB w/Ventura 13.3.1
XP12.05 B3

Hey guys...just got CL650. When trying to activate it: A) type the email into the email field of the activation window; command-v the password into the the activation window -> XP12 freezes. Sound is working. The only way out is to force close XP12. After restart of XP12 I tried again. This time it worked.

Log files attached:

1. Log - Feeze.txt - 1st attempt to activate when XP12 froze
2. Log.txt - after 2nd attempt to activate, which worked with no issues

Thnx.

Log - Freeze.txt Log.txt

Edited by YYZ342

• YYZ342 changed the title to Activation Issue CL650 - XP12.05 b3

It is normal for X-Plane to go into a frozen pause state during the activation process as it fetches a license from the web, but It'll eventually load up.

EDIT:

16 hours ago, YYZ342 said:

command-v the password into the the activation window -> XP12 freezes.

I missed your comment about pasting potentially causing the freezing. That's a new one to me and I can't duplicate that. Initially I read it as you giving your steps and thinking the activation process stalled while grabbing your license.

• Downvote 1

It is NOT normal for X-Plane to pause during license fetch. There's an animation to display activity during this phase.

It is definitely not normal for X-Plane to freeze because the user pasted from their clipboard.

You might see a fraction of a second pause for some Gizmo-powered aircraft like the Saab or 737 after the license has been fetched because those aircraft reload their systems and re-init some code.

I have no advice regarding what the topic starter should try. Seems likely a onece-off random bug.

Might be a plugin clash, might be ImGUI doing some weird parse of their password characters and glitching out the GPU drivers leaving sound working.

This is the only instance I've ever seen of this bug being reported and it went away for them on the next attempt.

Edited by Ben Russell

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

It is NOT normal for X-Plane to pause during license fetch. There's an animation to display activity during this phase.

Evidently not intended or known to you now that you've spoken up, but it exists in the capacity to occur. I cannot speak for Windows, but OP is on Mac like myself, and I've written my share of support ticket responses to people to "give it some more time" instead of assuming it's frozen in the years of this job. It eventually gets out of the way.  :)

That said, 'normal' was probably a bad word choice now that I realize it's not universal. It's MY normal, as well as some others, but it's clear you're not affected by this for whatever reason to have known. Suppose we can chalk this up to a potential bug since it's clearly not intended! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

There's an animation to display activity during this phase.

Bear in mind customers running Gizmo 22 will not see an animation at all. The log indicates use of that.

• Like 1